• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What a bad day

BBillyC

Reaction score
So finally putting the 383 back together and low and behold pushing the last plug in the hole I chipped the second compression ring when it popped out of the ring compressor. Screwed this day up. Now I have to try and find a 1/16th 30 over ring somewhere. The parts store will just try to sell me a whole box of chrome molley for 350 bucks just to get one ring.

Anyway tomorrow the XE285HL and lifters arrive......fun, fun, fun. I hope to have this bird running soon, if I can find a ring.

mcmopar

Reaction score
oooohhh baby you went with the big mutha bumpstick. You should really enjoy it! :thumbsup:

moparmoose3

Reaction score
i'm getting all tingly. that's the same stick i have and i love mine. you will love it i'm sure. :thumbsup: that and 40 series flowmasters with 2 1/2 in. pipes. you'll think you've gone to heaven. :lock: :lock:

moparmoose3

Reaction score
i'm getting all tingly. that's the same stick i have and i love mine. you will love it i'm sure. :thumbsup: that and 40 series flowmasters with 2 1/2 in. pipes. you'll think you've gone to heaven. :lock: :lock:

mcmopar

Reaction score
Jerry - you got so tingly you bumped the post tab twice! :crazy: :jester: :jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
just repost Gary's engine pics...no one will ever know........ :acme:

Back