• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What a POS

droptop

Reaction score
Wasted a day and 60 bucks for fuel by going to look at this POS. He failed to tell me that the driver side had a close call with a pole. The fender and door were wasted by rust and wreck damage. Every thing that was "numbers matching" didn't match this car. It was running on maybe 6 cyl, and both mufflers were blown out by a gas explosion. If the person that bid 10 large on this turd is going to be pissed when they go to pick it up. I hate ebay.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 1423.l2649

Roadcuda

Reaction score
droptop said:
Wasted a day and 60 bucks for fuel by going to look at this POS. He failed to tell me that the driver side had a close call with a pole. The fender and door were wasted by rust and wreck damage. Every thing that was "numbers matching" didn't match this car. It was running on maybe 6 cyl, and both mufflers were blown out by a gas explosion. If the person that bid 10 large on this turd is going to be pissed when they go to pick it up. I hate ebay.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 1423.l2649
Sounds like he didn't expect to have someone who actually knows something about what they are looking at to look at the car! I hope you gave him a slap up side the head for wasting your time and gas Harold!!!!! :jester:

69rapidrunner

Reaction score
:beep: I have had bad luck with eBay myself. Lots of scams and when people have crap they try to hide it.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
droptop said:
He failed to tell me that the driver side had a close call with a pole.

Looks like he "kinda" disclosed it. The ad says that the door "will need a new skin"... Your subject title pretty much covers it though, Harold... :leave:

moparchris

Reaction score
I have pretty good luck on ebay. Both selling and buying. It sucks when ever someone wastes your time, seems like craigslist is way worse.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
I got burned afew times just small stuff and got away cheap.

Then I have gotten things that I thought were better then way it was described?

Guess acrap shoot unless you go and look on the big ticket items.

droptop I know you wasted $60 but,it's better then getting stuck with the whole pile of POS.

Moparnut

Reaction score
You can often tell quite a bit by how the pictures are taken. If it seems like certain areas aren't being shown, I wouldn't hesitate to ask for more pictures. I recently bought my 69 from ebay and found the seller to be quite honest. He sent me pictures of everything I requested.
Earlier this summer I looked at a 'SuperBee' that was on ebay and was a couple of hours away from me. I took a ride to look at it and was glad I did. It had a Bee fender tag, but Coronet 440 vin.
I guess there are good and bad sellers everywhere!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that sucks Harlod but you don't want a Blue car w/ a girlymatic anyway....
found my car on the bay but didn't buy lt off there. buy alot of trains and car stuff though never had any trouble.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
So far I've had good luck with what I've found the ebag. The Road Runner was bought direct from the dealer who posted the ad, but after it had not sold after two time on there, Adn the Formula "S" was bought off of ebag. Both of these cars were as advertised, and so far so good with both of them. But yeah, no matter when you go looking, there will be someone who will try to take you for what ever they can. As I said before, these guys won't like it when people like us, who know what we are looking at, come to look at their cars.

mannye

Reaction score
I got mine off ebay about 10 years ago. Granted it was a different online world back then, but I flew to Massillon, Ohio in a snowstorm to make sure that car was as described. It was. I highly recommend the Holiday Inn in Massillon on Friday night...lol.

Talk about a car town! I found a transporter while having a beer at the Holiday Inn bar. Bartender told me his son had just gotten a trailer I and got a great deal for the transport to Miami Beach. Not a scratch!

Back