• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What comes first

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
So Just wanted to know can I put the console in before putting in the shifter and transmission in. It is a four speed trans. Want to get the carpet in is ok to go ahead with installing that. Trying to move forward and get more done. While waiting on the rear glass to be done. Should have my tail light bezels in and shifter from the chrome shop with in another week or so. Any ideas is appreciated. :thumbsup2:

Ranger

Reaction score
I've had my console out to replace the carpets and as best as I can remember , I think it might be easier to get the shifter and boot mounted before the console, but I can't say for sure that it can't be done the other way around.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thanks Ranger for the input. It will be a while before putting the motor and transmission in the car. Trying to get as much done as possible.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Yes getting close just got the word my shifter and tail light bezels are ready at the chrome shop. Moving forward is slow but getting their. Got the back window marked out and delivered to the glass shop where they are making me one.

Back