• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you think of this combo?

MuscleCar91

Reaction score
That they are! A little flashy for me but I think it will look really good if I decide to paint the engine purple.

bigmanjbmopar

Reaction score
Just curious in red response ;)

MuscleCar91 said:
Hey guys,
been awhile since I've visited, just been busy lately...
Anyways, What do you guys think about this combo in my auto 69' satellite. :popcorn:
440ci
KB Hypereutectic pistons 10.1 Why?
ported 452 heads
Edelbrock Torker intake why? RPM air gap dual plane is sooooo much better for a street car
Duration 282/292, Lift .465/.488
Hooker Super Comp headers with 3" exhaust
MSD blaster coil/dist
850 double pumper
The engine builder suggested that cam since it's mostly a street car but seems like it could use more lift? What do you guys think it would run with slicks and decent gears?
Thanks,
~Nick

moparchris

Reaction score
Cool buy!! Most people poo-poo 383s but they will push a stripper Runner high 13s with 3.91s and that makes a fast street car!!!

MuscleCar91

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Im assuming you mean high 13's in a fairly stock 383? Which isn't bad. I've done a bit of research on 383's and think they have room to make some power. Luckily a lot of people don't think much of them so hopefully that works in my favor, but from what I now know they were one of the best designs but mopar was in the ci race and never perfected the 383's. I'm hoping to see 11's but mid low 12s will make me happy. I gotta give my dads mustang a run for his money! I just have a lot of work before I see those numbers. I was just reading an article on moparmuscle where they took a 383 and got 450hp out of it with headers,intake,cam,carb and I plan on doing some other things as well. Possibly some nos? aluminum heads/or work on these 906, rocker arms, slicks, gears Etc.. I tore open my 727 this week and was about to put my shift kit in but haven't had time to do it all.
Heres the article I was reading,
http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/tech ... ewall.html

moparchris

Reaction score
MuscleCar91 said:
Thanks guys. Im assuming you mean high 13's in a fairly stock 383? Which isn't bad. I've done a bit of research on 383's and think they have room to make some power. Luckily a lot of people don't think much of them so hopefully that works in my favor, but from what I now know they were one of the best designs but mopar was in the ci race and never perfected the 383's. I'm hoping to see 11's but mid low 12s will make me happy. I gotta give my dads mustang a run for his money! I just have a lot of work before I see those numbers. I was just reading an article on moparmuscle where they took a 383 and got 450hp out of it with headers,intake,cam,carb and I plan on doing some other things as well. Possibly some nos? aluminum heads/or work on these 906, rocker arms, slicks, gears Etc.. I tore open my 727 this week and was about to put my shift kit in but haven't had time to do it all.

Oh no here we go again. :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparchris said:
MuscleCar91 said:

:jester:

MuscleCar91

Reaction score
moparchris said:
MuscleCar91 said:

uh oh what did I do now :D

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
MuscleCar91 said:
moparchris said:
MuscleCar91 said:

uh oh what did I do now :D
Look thru some of JJRJR's recent threads. :thumbsup: "Uh Oh what did I do now" better hope Big John skips past this :lmao:

MuscleCar91

Reaction score
Thanks, I see what you mean now, sadly I remember I read through it... I'm not so much worried about numbers as what shows up on a time slip... my dads mustang got slower after chasing dyno numbers... (went from 11.70's to mid 12's but they screwed with his computer) So do you think I'll be better off dollar for dollar to stroke it? I know there is no replacement for displacement but I've seen some 383's at the track fly!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
MuscleCar91 said:
Thanks, I see what you mean now, sadly I remember I read through it... I'm not so much worried about numbers as what shows up on a time slip... my dads mustang got slower after chasing dyno numbers... (went from 11.70's to mid 12's but they screwed with his computer) So do you think I'll be better off dollar for dollar to stroke it? I know there is no replacement for displacement but I've seen some 383's at the track fly!
I use to race a 383 I put into a 67 a-body, kept the short stroke built it to go 7 grand on the tach, she flew. But I don't think you could get away with 13 1/2.1 compression now days unless your in the land of E85 fuel.

MuscleCar91

Reaction score
Yeah they don't have that around here nor do I have the wallet to afford to fuel 13.5CR haha. I'm still up in the air with what to do. It is mostly street driven and car shows with a couple passes a year at the strip (an hour away). I just always wanted to do one thing a rice rocket can't do...pull a wheelie. So I'm thinking I should focus on that raw tq big blocks have and the suspension. Btw do any of you know what I need to do to my harness when going from a small block to big block? I heard I have to extend some wires..Is it just to the distributor?
Thanks again.

A31PKG

Reaction score
MuscleCar91 said:
Well alittle update. I decided to pass on the 440 for now. But while I was on spring break two weeks ago I bought a 68' 383 and 727. I tore into it a little looks like it has a forged crank, 906 heads but mostly stock with about a grand in March billet parts :eek: . I'm wondering whats the best way to go with this engine to get some power?

Btw: When looking at Distributors, RB ones will fit fine on B engines right? One of those things in case I ever get a 440... oh and I want an electronic one over a manual, correct?

There is a collar/adapter ring available that allows the use of an RB distributor in a B engine. I think Mancini &/or Year One sells them.
:thumbsup:

Back