what is a good offer on this 4 door?

spoolinhard

Reaction score
For any of you that have seen my post on selling my roadrunner, I have decided against it. The best way for me to not break the bank restoring this car would to purchase a nice solid 4 door. I have found one that looks to be a perfect candidate on craigslist: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/ct ... 92774.html

they want 3,500, which doesnt sound bad to me, although I don't know what a good driving 4 door is worth. Beings that I have had such trouble kicking up interest in my roadrunner, this seems like it might be a little high. What kind of offer should I make?

Second question, would a 4 door back seat be the same as a 2 door, I know the fronts are different.

The parts list of things that I could use off this are VERY long. It would pretty much put my shell of a runner in the state to which it could be a driver.

moparchris

Reaction score
IDK, $3500 for a clean driver? Sounds good especially if it supplies a lot of nickel and dime stuff. You would half to add up all the individual items and weigh it to see if its worth it.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
l'd say go for lt. offer less at flrst. you can have half the cost just ln the front clip.
l'd be lnterested ln the front bumper...... :D

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
In this economy, I'd say that car's worth in the $2500 range. BUT, that's without seeing it in person.
Is the dash pad all cracked? How did they "restore" the guages? Grill and bumpers are "mint"?
The hood is no use to you, but the rest of the front clip would be nice to have along with the deck lid, complete dash, rear end, and tons of little stuff. A running 318 and tranny is worth $400. :cents:

spoolinhard

Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
In this economy, I'd say that car's worth in the $2500 range. BUT, that's without seeing it in person.
Is the dash pad all cracked? How did they "restore" the guages? Grill and bumpers are "mint"?
The hood is no use to you, but the rest of the front clip would be nice to have along with the deck lid, complete dash, rear end, and tons of little stuff. A running 318 and tranny is worth $400. :cents:

This is my thoughts exactly on the price range. The hood would be of use, as the front lip of my RR hood is rotted :hack:

spoolinhard

Reaction score
Well I called the guy, I asked enough questions to run the car through the ringer and am awaiting more pics

spoolinhard

Reaction score
Thanks! He said that the car was mechanically sound but thought that I was nuts for wanting to drive it 1,700 miles!

jays69bird

Reaction score
Well if you don't use it for parts you could always make an Adam-12 tribute car out of it :lmao:

spoolinhard

Reaction score
Aaaaand they guy did not get me any pictures nor did he repond to my email. My cash must not be any good to him :brickwall:

spoolinhard

Reaction score
I heard back from him, he wasnt very friendly and says that he has locals looking at it.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Seems like a real clean 68 or 69 4 door is about 5K at a dealer around here. Nice looking car, I have seen it listed FOREVER though.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
be a shame to part out one that nice, but that's what I'd do.

spoolinhard

Reaction score
He must not want to sell it too bad, havent heard from him. Oh well, I don't want it anymore.

Back