• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What kinds of guns do y'all have?

Confederate1969

Reaction score
Just curious what kind of firepower you fellahs have out there. If you've got something you don't want the Bureau of Asshole Totalitarian Fascists to know about, don't put it up here but whatever else you've got, I'm curious!

I'm looking to get a good AR to add to my collection. A buddy of mine just threw down $2000 for a SW MP-15, all decked out. No way I could afford such a thing at this point, but do any of y'all have a good suggestion for a cheaper AR-15 base or M4-Carbine style weapon? I've wanted one for a few years now. Suggestions from any of you who own one?

Also what do you those of you who have experience think about the newer 6.8mm round that you can chamber in AR's now? Any good? I would plan on getting a 5.56mm myself, but I was just curious to know what the 6.8's feel like.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I have an old M1 carbine its fun to shoot, you go through allot of ammo with 3-30 round clips. And many others most of them are hand guns or hunting rifles :thumbsup:

a cook

Reaction score
i aint shy

a pair of ar 15s'
a fal in .308
an m1 carbine
mak 90
couple 44 mags
pair 1911's
and several assorted shotguns, rifles and handguns

as for suggestions any of the name brand stuff is of good quality

jays69bird

Reaction score
1911A1 in 45 ACP. Bushmaster M4, Mosin Nagant 91/30 and some others

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Funny this came up. My wife has decided to get her permit and we were looking at a couple different revolvers for her just yesterday. She liked the S&W "airweight".

I have
Ruger GP-100 .357 Mag
S&W 9mm
Remington 870 12 guage
Mossberg .22 rifle

jays69bird

Reaction score
Confederate1969 said:
Just curious what kind of firepower you fellahs have out there. If you've got something you don't want the Bureau of Asshole Totalitarian Fascists to know about, don't put it up here but whatever else you've got, I'm curious!

I'm looking to get a good AR to add to my collection. A buddy of mine just threw down $2000 for a SW MP-15, all decked out. No way I could afford such a thing at this point, but do any of y'all have a good suggestion for a cheaper AR-15 base or M4-Carbine style weapon? I've wanted one for a few years now. Suggestions from any of you who own one?

Also what do you those of you who have experience think about the newer 6.8mm round that you can chamber in AR's now? Any good? I would plan on getting a 5.56mm myself, but I was just curious to know what the 6.8's feel like.
Depends what you want to do with it,the.223 is cheap plentiful(compared to 6.8 ) Most of the AR/M16 parts out there are for .223,5.56,no offence to your buddy 2 grand is a lot for a S&W MP(unless it is really loaded to the max) Gander mountain sells flattops optics ready for under a grand around here,you can get the new Ruger which is a piston gun with magpulls and picittiny rails for around two large,whatever you get shop around every Tom,Dick,and Harry is making an AR platform so there's a lot to choose from.

dobie

Reaction score
I used to have a safe full of guns, but after the divorce, I've sold quite a few. For handguns, I typically prefer Sigs and HK's, although yesterday I brought home a NIB G19 for the heck of it. I think this will replace my P229R for carry purposes. Currently I have:
Sig P229R DAK 9mm
Sig P226 DAK .40cal
Sig P228R 9mm
Sig P226 9mm with Gemtech Multi Mount Suppressor
Sig SP 2002 9mm
Sig P220 .45ACP
Sig P245 .45ACP
Glock 19 9mm
Glock 22 .40cal (issued)
Glock 27 .40cal (issued)
Numerous shotguns and rifles.

For AR's, I've had a Bushmaster and a Rock River. Both ran fine. I sold both of those though. I'm in the process of buying a Rock River lower from a friend. Down the road I'll buy an upper and have another AR. Stick with any big name company and you should be fine.

:cheers:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
I own several guns, I am old school - mainly into Revolvers!
Here's my latest acquisition......
It's a Taurus Judge 3" barrel, 3" Magnum Cylinder. Fires .45 Colt and 410 shotshells.....lots of fun![attachment=0:3huqm67n]Taurus Magnum Judge 35% 2.jpg[/attachment:3huqm67n]

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Big John said:
Funny this came up. My wife has decided to get her permit and we were looking at a couple different revolvers for her just yesterday. She liked the S&W "airweight".

I have
Ruger GP-100 .357 Mag
S&W 9mm
Remington 870 12 guage
Mossberg .22 rifle
My very first pistol was a GP-100 .357........... :thumbsup:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
[quote="Big John":2o28x9yq]Funny this came up. My wife has decided to get her permit and we were looking at a couple different revolvers for her just yesterday. She liked the S&W "airweight".

I have
Ruger GP-100 .357 Mag
S&W 9mm
Remington 870 12 guage
Mossberg .22 rifle
My very first pistol was a GP-100 .357........... :thumbsup:[/quote:2o28x9yq]

Yea, I really like that one.

I had my ex-father inlaws Ruger Blackhawk .357 until I got divorced and gave it to my ex (only right, her Dad's gun). I loved that gun! Deadly accurate and just plain fun to shoot. One of these days, I gotta get another one.

I also had his H&R .22 revolver that he had bought in the forties. You could shoot that all day for pennies.

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Big John -
My carry piece is a S&W model 642 Airweight .38 Special.
It's light, easy to conceal, dual action only, and in my humble opinion, an excellent choice for personal defense.
One word of caution, because of it being light weight, I would advise against your wife firing much of the +P .38 special ammo - it can sting a bit, lol. Stick with non+P ammo like the Federal low recoil Hydrashock....

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Big John said:
I also had his H&R .22 revolver that he had bought in the forties. You could shoot that all day for pennies.
That's one of the reasons I bought my P22 about 6 months ago. Funny thing is, I haven't shot it yet......... :loco:

Confederate1969

Reaction score
Always cool to find out what kinds of stuff people have stashed away.

I've got a Savage Arms .308, an AMD-65, and a Ruger 10-22 (who doesn't?). I've been in the market for an AR-15 but haven't been able to get one at a decent price. At least in Memphis, they are crazy expensive because of the demand. Gun shops around here just can't keep them on the shelf. As for my friend who bought the SW MP-15, he bought all sorts of mods, like a drum mag, scope, grips, sling, and a bunch of other stuff for it, so that's what added so much to the price he paid.

Back