• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What rims? a couple of pics attached

nicanor

Reaction score
ladyandthetramp262.jpg

ladyandthetramp261.jpg

These are the rims on the Vette and the Roadrunner. The rims on the Vette might be too modern but the ones on the Roadrunner don't look good at all.

I want the Roadrunner to look original, so I'll go with stock, but I kinda like the chrome wheels, not so much the Magnum 500.

Thanks,
Barry

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
nicanor said:
I want the Roadrunner to look original, so I'll go with stock, but I kinda like the chrome wheels, not so much the Magnum 500.

Road Wheels (Magnum is the blue oval name) would have been my first suggestion...but you don't seem too keen on those. However, if "original" and "chrome" are your two prerequisites then these are the only game in town...

Maybe some Recall Wheels...pricey...but they would wake that thing right up... :drool:

nicanor

Reaction score
What are Recall wheels and where can I find them.

Thanks,
Barry

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
You could go with a "day two" type wheel. Keystone wheels were always real popular with the Mopar crowd back then. Sox and Martin ran them on their drag cars in the 70's.

Wheels are a real personal choice. Staying stock would be a couple types of hubcaps, the road wheel or the recall wheels. The recall wheels would be my choice just because they are different.

nicanor

Reaction score
I like the Road Wheel. What is the difference from the Road Wheel and the Magnum 500? Also would I need a 15 X 8 with a 4.5 backspace and a 15 X 8 no backspace for the front? Back tire Goodrich 275/60/15 front undecided but looking at 235/60 or 70/15.

Thanks,

Barry

mcmopar

Reaction score
Fronts had 4.5" BS stock. Mine with 235-70R/15 tires rub a good bit at full left lock.
The road wheels only came in 14"x5.5" size and had aluminum trim rings. The Magnums are all chrome and can be had in 15" sizes. These are the Magnums: 15x7 front w/4.5" BS and 15"x8" rear with 4.5" BS.
[attachment=0:19ufkxt2]69rr w-Magnums.jpg[/attachment:19ufkxt2]

69rr w-Magnums.jpg

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
If you want to get rid of those cop wheel dog dishes, I would be interrested in them for my Scamp.....

chapdog105

Reaction score
Road wheels (Mag 500) are my favorites. There's nothing cooler on a 69 RR in my opinion...

Although not correct for 69, the Mopar Rallye wheel is pretty cool, but screams 70 RR/Superbird.

Cragars are cool too.

Harold is a big fan of "stoner mags" :beep:

It's all about what you're into honestly.

I'm sure the general consensus on this forum would be keep em 14" if you can find tires, settle for 15", and never go any bigger than 16".

droptop

Reaction score
chapdog105 said:
Harold is a big fan of "stoner mags" quote]

Actually, I like just about anything except steel wheels with poverty caps. :yesnod:

Reacall wheels would be my choice. The style with trim rings, not the chrome rim style. :cents:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
nicanor said:
I like the Road Wheel. What is the difference from the Road Wheel and the Magnum 500? Also would I need a 15 X 8 with a 4.5 backspace and a 15 X 8 no backspace for the front? Back tire Goodrich 275/60/15 front undecided but looking at 235/60 or 70/15.

Thanks,

Barry

The road wheel is pretty much a factory version of the Magnum 500. The key differences are the road wheel is only available in 14" and instead of a chrome rim, it has a brushed trim ring. The 1967 (and I think 1968) version has a chrome rim.

The Magnum 500 was also available on a few various Fords in 15" and as an aftermarket wheel.

One other option is the road wheel they offered on the big Chryslers in 1970. It's a 15" wheel, but I don't believe I've seen it in reproduction. A friend had a set of these (off my Sport Fury GT!) on his black Roadrunner and I gotta say they looked really nice.

70convertiblebig06.jpg

A31PKG

Reaction score
I doubt you'll find a recall wheel any wider than 5 1/2", so if your looking for a wider wheel, the recall may not be it? I would also avoid an 8" wide rim on the front. 7" would be a better choice IMO. I have seen the 69 style (trim ring type) road wheel offered in 8" width. The trick is finding a compatible trim ring. I have a pic somewhere of a nice Runner with 8" wide 69-style Road Wheels on the rear with the wider trim rings and 60 series redline radials. It looks sweet, plus keeps that stock look you're after. I'll try and dig it up & post it. The trim rings may be offered by the wheel vendor or, you may need a pair from an early model 15x8" 'vette rally wheel?

A31PKG

Reaction score
Here it is, I got this off of Ebay a year or two ago.... It was a very nice car as I recall. Anyone seen or know about it? It has the 15x8 rear wheels with the Coker 275 60 15 redline radials (not sure what brand, as they offer a few). I really like this look...

rr16.jpg

A31PKG

Reaction score
Here are some pics I found from "The MOPAR dude" website of a green runner with what appears to be 8" wide rear recall rims..... I gotta admit it looks cool...

41321897.jpg

41321896.jpg

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A31PKG said:
Here are some pics I found from "The MOPAR dude" website of a green runner with what appears to be 8" wide rear recall rims..... I gotta admit it looks cool...

My cranky storage guy out in Arizona needs to put a set of these on my Hemi car before I come out for my next visit... :lol:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
lf you decide on the chrome Magnums l know where a pair of 15x8s (cough cough) will be for sale..... :D

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
A31PKG said:

My cranky storage guy out in Arizona needs to put a set of these on my Hemi car before I come out for my next visit... :lol:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:toetap: :toetap: :toetap: who's Hemi car you get the A -body

Back