• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What rims? a couple of pics attached

4spd69RR

Reaction score
The magnum 500 or ralley rims I believe look the best on the Road Runners. Both rims will work and the magnums were offered originally and the ralley's are for 70's RR. But the standard steel rim with dog dish cover looks good as well if you are trying to keep it original for concourse judging. Nothing wrong with the dog dish covers and steel rims. It give the car a sleeper look,....what am I saying it's a Road Runner how can it be a sleeper!

Magnum 500.jpg

Ralley.jpg

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Those updated Rallye wheels blow...look like something that belongs on a saturn or a prius... :cents:

:jester:

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Yes I agree about the ralley's as well. However, was the only picture I could find to give an example. Actually I believe the picture looks like a rim for a E or A body car. bolt pattern is small. I had a set of original ralley's for my first 69 and they look great on the car.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
4spd69RR said:
Yes I agree about the ralley's as well. However, was the only picture I could find to give an example. Actually I believe the picture looks like a rim for a E or A body car. bolt pattern is small. I had a set of original ralley's for my first 69 and they look great on the car.

FYI - E-Bodies also have 4.5" BBC.

Those wheels are made by Wheel Vintiques in 16" to 18" diameters - probably just a large diameter wheel making the BC look small... Last I'm going to mention them...the topic is making me queezy... :puke:

:jester:

Back