• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What should my dash look like

BARRY JACKPOT

Reaction score
It's a console auto with the wood grain inserts but it looks like someone has cut a piece of wood to fit in the dash. I'm just wondering what standard should look like. There is a bird holding a helmet on the passanger side but I'm sure there should be a crome badge there as well that says Roadrunner. Not really sure as there aren't many of these in Australia to compare it to.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

rkb2

Reaction score
Hi, there is a chrome badge on the dash next to the bird. The badge is VC161 part number in the year one catalog or on their website. I don't have a pic of the placement but I'm sure someone does. The dash depends on if you have air or not. the pads are different. If your car doesn't have air and someone used an air dashpad then there would have been a blank spot they might have filled. would need to see what your talking about. :lock:

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
The dash is metal, painted. There should be an upper pad and a lower section of similar material. no wood on a RR dash. That would be the GTX.

The chrome badge is like or is the same as the exterior door badge on a 68.

See my sig for a pic, I'm sure somebody else has better shots than that.

droptop

Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
The dash is metal, painted. There should be an upper pad and a lower section of similar material. no wood on a RR dash. That would be the GTX.

I agree about the dash, but the console will have woodgrain on a RR.

mannye

Reaction score
droptop said:
SomeCarGuy said:

I agree about the dash, but the console will have woodgrain on a RR.

Yes it does... three separate panels...large top one, the door one and the little one on the end right where the crack starts...

BARRY JACKPOT

Reaction score
So there is no such thing as a woodgrain look on the dash itself, it's just the bird holding the helmet and the crome roadrunner badge.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
yep, just the painted steel on the road runers. the only extra of sorts was the plastic radio bezel.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
yep, just the painted steel on the road runers. the only extra of sorts was the plastic radio bezel.

...or the block off plate on the "purpose built" versions... :drive: :banana: :drive:

:jester:

BARRY JACKPOT

Reaction score
John69RR said:
Here is a picture I have of the dash bird and whole dash.

Thanks John, now it makes sense there is no panel there the decal goes straight onto the steel of the dash :thumbsup:

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
John69RR said:
Here is a picture I have of the dash bird and whole dash.

What is that chrome strip at the top of your dash?

Right where the upper part kicks out, kind of looks like and angle trim piece?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that looks like the trim Satallites and GTXs used. i've got one of the corner pieces if you need one.

John69RR

Reaction score
It is angled to fit. It was there when I bought the car. Never really gave it much thought. Wonder who else has one? There are no screw holes down the side of the dash for extensions.

Back