• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What size trailer would a man need to haul his runner

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
No it is not a trailer queen but for the long haul in stead of driving a long distance to some place not close to home. What would be the best size of a trailer would a man need. As well as room in side for getting in and out of car. Where would I need side door's. This is a thought I was having if I wanted to go up north to some of the car show's. It is a long haul to show's up their. Have a F350 ford to haul it with. So any advice would be grate. 6017f515396b86416d20d9c5.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
DSCN0781.JPG I have a 20' and I would say that is as short as you can go. I tie the car down about 6" from the rear door and it gives me room to walk around the front and tie it down. I can get my skinny ass in and out the door with the window down then I roll it up threw the wing window and then push the wing closed. It is the wide box.

droptop

Reaction score
24’ so I can take the golf cart if needed, and get the escape door. You will be glad you did. Also, make sure you get 5,000 pound axles. 3500 pound axles isn’t enough to haul a B body.

cosgig

Reaction score
We routinely took my GTX to the Nationals in my brothers 20’ Pace trailer, not a problem with room to get around, and heavy duty enough to not worry about the haul. Pace Trailers also use the torsional axles, not the leaf spring style, and it makes for a much smoother pull, and ride for the car. My brothers trailer will be for sale in the spring if you’re interested in it. It’s in Michigan tho.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
The one shown is priced at 5.000 thou. They have one with a big door on the side over the wheels it is 8.000 thou. Food for thought for sure. Thanks guy's.

RonLiv

Reaction score
As a thought, you can rent them for around $150-$200 per day, and about $750-$800 a week. I got no place to store one, that wouldn't cost me a fee to do so, and I have so few times I need one, so this is what I do. I needed one once in the last 6-years. A flat open trailer you can get for $100 a day.

Roadtrip

Reaction score
Get a 24. If you’re going to haul a 20 you’ll not know the difference (truck pulling wise and economy wise) by adding 4 extra feet except for the room and extra storage. You can make bunks in the front too if need a place to sleep.

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
It is a shame you are all the way down in FL, Russ. I have an old Wells Cargo currently in NJ that needs a new home. It is the old but has a very well built frame under it. It needs some work but would let go for a reasonable price. Currently it is just a storage trailer. It is so old I can't find the #s on it. I stored my road runner in it for many years before finally getting it down to GA.

RGAZ

Reaction score
I have a 25' steel deck flatbed that I use to haul projects. Enclosed is better, but I agree get one longer than 20'.

RGAZ

Back