• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what socket size fits the 69 RR upper control ball joints

SgtLee511

Reaction score
Need to buy a Upper Control arm ball joint remover tool. Id like to buy one used or can someone direct me to a reasonably priced new one........ Is it the 1 & 7/8 socket?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
It is the large ball joint socket 1 7/8 is what it looks to be. It is not a regular 12 or 6 point socket those will not work and mine is a 3/4" drive. About 50 bucks is what I paid with a 1/2 drive adapter

snook

Reaction score
Save yourself the aggravation and buy one. I can let you use mine and a 1/2" drive adapter but I'll be needing it back in the next couple of weeks. It's a Herbrand #2429

SgtLee511

Reaction score
Thanks for the borrow offer, i purchased one but its 1 -59/64, read last nite it works, we will c, i was low balling it and found this odd size for 20.00, im in tear down mode, but trying to spend as little for tools as i can. We will see, I used a pipe wrench on my A body, busted a few knuckles when i was younger, not much blood left in this turnip now, And this bird has drew a pint this week.

Back