• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What was the standard 4spd in 69's?

Confederate1969

Reaction score
I know the A833 is what I hear for b-body 4spds, but what model codes went into '69 cars? Mine's got C95664Z stamped on the side. Were 18 or 23 spline trannies put into RR's? And does anyone know if this model trans would have been standard for a 383 car? I don't know if it's the original or not. So if this was standard, then it's probably the original. The first owner of my RR did tell me that he upgraded a lot of stuff, including the clutch, so I didn't know if he upgraded the transmission as well to something beefier since he was into racing.

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
If it is the original it will have the VIN# of your car stamped on the side on a flat boss. Stamped, not cast into it. :thumbsup:

mcmopar

Reaction score
Both 23 spline and 18 spline A-833's were installed. The 23 spline trans was standard equipment behind 383 engines and the 18 spline unit as installed behind 426 HEMI and 440-6BBL engines.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
If it is the original it will have the VIN# of your car stamped on the side on a flat boss. Stamped, not cast into it. :thumbsup:

And it may not be the complete VIN. Often (seems like most) times they only use the plant ID and sequential production number, i.e. the RM21H9 (for example) will be missing with only the A or G (for example again) and the six-digit sequential production number on the pad.

ACME

jays69bird

Reaction score
Hopefully your 4spd. thread doesn't get hijacked like mine did :yesnod:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
jays69bird said:
Just so you don't feel left out...............Hey Bob, you been working on the old Blue Hemi lately....... :lmao:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
jays69bird said:
We don't hijack threads here! :huh: We may wander off in other directions,,,,,, from time to time. :jester: But we always come back to where it started. Eventually! :devil:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
jays69bird said:
We don't hijack threads here! :huh: We may wander off in other directions,,,,,, from time to time. :jester: But we always come back to where it started. Eventually! :devil:
I love that stripe............ :lol: :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:

X2 :thumbsup:

We gotta train these guys better... :lmao:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
jays69bird said:
Okay how about thread diversion? :rolleyes:

I think its more of a tangent type thing.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
With or without removing their limbs first...... :lmao:[/quote]
rolled up in a sheet :jester:[/quote]
5[/quote]
Remember America is getting fat :lol:

Back