• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's it worth?

chapdog105

Reaction score
I want to sell my 8 3/4 rear end to help fund some other purchases for my vert. My finance's father has expressed interest. I don't want to charge him too much, but I also don't want to take a lot less for it than what I could get on the open market. I'm trying to make every dollar stretch so I can actually finish this project soon.

It's an 8 3/4 with a 3.23 gear. I don't think it has posi. I have a brand new set of brakes for it, and the pre-bend lines from inline tube. It is missing the breather, but that's it. It has a fresh coat of POR15 on it. Pinion Snubber is also included.

Add a breather and it's a ready to go, bolt-in rear end.

What's it worth????

IMG_20110424_202248.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
depends...do you like your FIL? :devil:
I'd say Stuie has a fair price. I've sren just the center going for that.

chapdog105

Reaction score
I was thinking hoping for more like $700 based on the centers I've seen on Craigslist for $400-500. Granted those are usually for larger drag gears.
I just put a couple hundred bucks in the pre-bent line and brand new brakes.
I've been looking on my local CL (Detroit) for a complete 8 3/4 for a while, and haven't seen one this nice in a while.
I need to turn it over when I get home to make sure it is indeed a one wheel peeler.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
BUT YOU HAVE TO GIVE THE NEW FATHER-TO-BE-IN LAW A BREAK.....SO 500.00 OR LESS.....OR TELL HIM YOU NEED TO RE-COUP SOME MONEY TO PAY FOR YOU CAR AND DONT SELL IT TO HIM

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
non sure grip 500.00 because its pretty and has all the new stuff

That's about the best fair price you can get and if taken to a swapmeet they will try and get it for less.

RoadRunnerJD

Reaction score
chapdog105 said:
I want to sell my 8 3/4 rear end to help fund some other purchases for my vert. My finance's father has expressed interest. I don't want to charge him too much, but I also don't want to take a lot less for it than what I could get on the open market. I'm trying to make every dollar stretch so I can actually finish this project soon.

It's an 8 3/4 with a 3.23 gear. I don't think it has posi. I have a brand new set of brakes for it, and the pre-bend lines from inline tube. It is missing the breather, but that's it. It has a fresh coat of POR15 on it. Pinion Snubber is also included.

Add a breather and it's a ready to go, bolt-in rear end.

What's it worth????

IMG_20110424_202248.jpg

$500 would be a fair price if it's nicely done with drums, new wheel cylinders, brakes, gaskets, etc. It depends on how many hours you have in it? It's hard to tell but it looks like you painted over rust pits? The surface looks rough in the photo? A 3.23 single track wouldn't have much value to most unless they really want an 8 3/4 for replacing a smaller rear or if it's a 489 or a 472 case. I probably spent 3 or 4 days worth of hours sandblasting, priming, filling pits, sanding and painting on mine. I could never get enough out of it to pay for the time I put in it. If you don't need it, it might be worth more to you in points to sell it cheaply to your future Father-in-Law!

Cuda rear.2.jpg

zupanj

Reaction score
I can guarantee you that it doesn't. :basketcase:[/quote]

Why do you say that?[/quote]
We like to say sure- grip . Only grandmas had positraction. :D[/quote]

No I mean the "I guarantee it doesn't" part.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
zupanj said:
sixgunrunner68 said:
We like to say sure- grip . Only grandmas had positraction. :D

No I mean the "I guarantee it doesn't" part.

Marty answered you correctly but you didn't follow his answer. "Posi" or more specifically "Positraction" is the GMC/Chevrolet name for a LSD. As Chrysler called its LSD "Sure Grip" there is no way to have a posi in a MoPar.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Its worth 250 all day long, less if it has been bathed in POR 15.

:yeathat:
Yeah, not a fan either... Kinda like going to look at a A100 Van only to find that the entire floor is covered in Rhino Liner; who knows what is hiding under there...

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparchris said:

Yeah, not a fan either... Kinda like going to look at a A100 Van only to find that the entire floor is covered in Rhino Liner; who knows what is hiding under there...

after you pull up the 6 inch thick pink shag carpet..... :basketcase:

chapdog105

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparchris said:

What are you talking about? It was perfect, not a single pit on it, that's why I used POR15 on it. :lmao:

Back