• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wheel alignment success

mac

What ?
Reaction score
been wanting to give the car a better alignment than eyballing it and using a tape meaure for toe. first, went to home depot and purchaced some commercial grade vinyl tiles. using a large level, found 4 level areas for the tires. once the car was on the tiles, i fine tuned the ride height. i had purchased some caster camber gauges to take care of that adjustment. it took a few tries to get that right. then using a laser level i had, i placed that parrallel to the ground and against the rear wheel. using the laser line and measuring to the front wheel fore and aft of the spindle, i had the amount to move the tire for toe. this was done with the steering wheel centered. happy to say that i went for a drive and the wheel is centered and the car does not pull to either side. the biggest bonus is when i pull into the drive way and make the sharp turn to get in the garage that i don't hear the squeal anymore. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Cool gizmo. The last car I alighned was in high school on a Visualiner, so this is something I had a shop do. The old boy races mopars and has Bear equipment from back in the day.

mac

What ?
Reaction score
is it just me or does all the work you put into these things at some time bites you in the ass. i am all proud about the alignment and say to the family "lets go for a ride" and half way the ammeter goes to discharge. so cut the trip short and figure out what the problem is this time. ends up just being the voltage regulator, but come on now just give me a break for a little while. :toetap:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ah the joys of driving a 40+ year old car. The thing is, it can happen with a 2012, but the main difference is you can work on the runner yourself and it won't cost you out the wazoo!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
ah the joys of driving a 40+ year old car. The thing is, it can happen with a 2012, but the main difference is you can work on the runner yourself and it won't cost you out the wazoo!
In labor maybe, but if you need parts..... :crazy:

Back