• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheel question?

jerrysdustydog

Reaction score
OK, I know there are tons of posts/answers on this, but just so I get it right on the money finally. I'm going to order some Keystone Klassics for my RR project. OK, there it is. Just so I get a few responses for MY application, my car does not have power steering nor does it have power brakes. I have a hotter than stock 383, 30 over, with original suspension. I don't know if the rear springs are original or weak or what, but the rear shocks do have helper springs if that counts. Body has been put back with new outer wheelwells, fenders, ect and don't want rubbing/ scuffing issues. From what I have seen, 8 inch wheels on rear, maybe 7? on the front would be good, but I see lots of different ideas on backspace for the front. With 8 inch (presumably) on the rear exactly, what offset? 4.5? Do these wheels come in that offset, for from what I see they now give a mm measurement for that? What about the fronts? the same? or a different offset would look better? Lots of questions, but you guys have all gone through this before, so..........10 inch wheels on the rear won't be to wide? Then how about tires? I promise not to ask about wheels again. When I get the items, I will post photos. If I need to add a leaf or do something like that to get the cool look, I'm game too! Thanks!!!!!!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I have 8" with 2756015s on mine, i'll have to measure the back space.. I did add air shocks with about 50psi. I have no rubbing. I have 6' with 22570s on the front. $(KGrHqF,!pEE9lUumVG-BPgy-gZ0K!~~60_3.jpg

$(KGrHqF,!pEE9lUumVG-BPgy-gZ0K!~~60_3.jpg

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and the dreaded uni lug to boot!:jester:

quikbird

Reaction score
running 17 x 8 on front and 17 x 9 on back 4.5 backspace, with a slightly lower profile tire (potenza) so just about standard height on overall tire (@26 in). no rubbing and can usually take 10 in wide on rear with no problem

jerrysdustydog

Reaction score
But with manual steering, probably need to go with 7" in front??? I know 4.5 backspace seems to be the general consensus for rears, but what back space would I need for the fronts?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
But with manual steering, probably need to go with 7" in front??? I know 4.5 backspace seems to be the general consensus for rears, but what back space would I need for the fronts?

I have 15" X 7" Halibrands on the front of my Runner. 4" backspacing. Manual steering. 225 70 15 ties. No fitment issues whatsoever.

Last edited:
Back