• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheels and Tires...

Collin

Reaction score
Hi guys....long time since Ive had a post, been busy at work and with the car. Looking now to buy my wheels and tires. Have to go with 15" wheels due to the disc conversion in the fronts. I want to go with the magnum 500 wheels, but not sure on the backspacing. Also I would like to do bigger rubber in the rear. Anyone have any comments on recommended size? Also curious about tire type (redlines, wide ovals, radial TAs) just wanna see which one you guys think looks and performs the best. Thanks!!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I've got Magnums on mine Collin. don't have a clue on the backspace. the car is at a buddies getting some work so I can;t measure it. It had 14" on it when I got thw car. I did get 15' for the back after I got it. I've got 2756015 on the rear. fiils out the back really nice.

Collin

Reaction score
yeah i like that, it does fill out the back nicely!

mcmopar

Reaction score
I'm running the 15 x 7 Magnum 500's w/ 4.5" backspacing up front with 235-70R/15 BF Goodrich Radial T/A's and 15 x 8 Magnum 500's w/4.5" backspacing out back with 275-60R/15 BFG Radial T/A's. Everything fits like a glove and the 275-60/15's 11" tread width really fill the wheelwells. The reason I went with the 235-70R15 tires up front is because they are the same height (28") as the 275-60R/15's on the back.
01-10-04RR007.jpg

Collin

Reaction score
thanks guys, i have a good idea of what i am going to get now.

BBillyC

Reaction score
I see georgehemirr has some great looking wheels on his bird. I'd like to know what wheels and tires he's using. The stance looks really great!

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Collin said:
thanks guys, i have a good idea of what i am going to get now.

Collin: I've seen and ridden in John's (MCMopar) RR. If you want the Road Wheel look with wider rims and a larger rubber combo - just follow the pattern that he has set forth for you. The car has the perfect look and stance for a street car with factory-style wheels. He's already dialed in the backspacing (I used the same when I ordered my Halibrands - 4.5" on the rear is PERFECT for 8" rims) for you so you cannot go wrong. The look is stunning... :cents:

:jester:
ACME

mcmopar

Reaction score
Here is one more pic from the driver's rear 3/4 side:
[attachment=0:2saz40i2]rear3-4view.jpg[/attachment:2saz40i2]

Back