• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wheels

Big Block

Reaction score
I want to put 15 x 7 wheels on the front of my 69 Roadrunner and 15 x 8 on the back. Because the new style in the Classic book I'm ordering from only offers 7" or 8" and I don't want to get too big of tire on the front to make it look funny or rub, and I can't order 6".

RKNRLR

Reaction score
am also running a 15x8 with 235 60's up front with no issue. steel wheels from wheelvintiques.com

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That is what I want is 6 inch on front. Look into Mickey Thompson tire's swear I saw 6 inch X 15 inch rim size their. Should have said 15x6 tire. I like a smaller tire on the front for handling on wet road's. Well of course use to the 60-70 look also small tire up front big tire in back. :thumbsup:

Big Block

Reaction score
That's what I want too! Smaller on front, bigger in back like back in the day. I think I used to run G's on front and H on the back.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes I did the same thing. The H was a taller tire than the G. Made a litter higher stance in the back with out the help of air shock's. Use to run Mickey Thompson tire's and had good luck with them. They are still in business also have rim's. :thumbsup2:

RKNRLR

Reaction score
That's what I want too! Smaller on front, bigger in back like back in the day. I think I used to run G's on front and H on the back.
found some polyglas repro tires while searching aroung - man are they pricey!
But do believe i found an L, would look real fat under those guards!

Back