• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where can I get this??

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Accumulating parts and only need a few.

Just wondering where to get the following.
1- Snap for the sholder harness. Or what size is it and what size screw 6 or 8 Pan head?
2- Small plug for the vent adjustment hole on the inside of both the doors
3- Proper horn relay. What is the part number? I found a friend at the local auto store but no help with this.

And now that I am questioning my orange box. Where is the best place to go to buy along with the ballast resistor? I have seen the prices all over the place.

Not quite sure if this is a parts needed or a tech or here question.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Horn relay can be had at NAPA.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I've gotten the horn relay at my local Car Quest. I need the door plugs aldo, the PO has some plug there, OK for now. IIRC...someone is repoping them,,,,like $5 a pair....no clue who though.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
You need 8" of elastic stretch from the belt to the snap, the snap is a typical large snap used on Jeep tops for one. And the screw I'm not sure of the size :huh:

meepbeep69

Reaction score
Thank goodness my better half teaches sewing in HS. She is MacGyver with a sewing machine.

She said she can make the elastic and snaps. It looks like the elastic is something that is available at Joann's fabric. It looks like one inch black elastic. Is that the width?

You said 8 inches from strap but is that doubled over? Can you let me know the length of the elastic and does anyone else need any? I am sure this is going to cost me some more chick flicks.

And as always many thanks!

Jim S.

Reaction score
I got a horn relay at NAPA also. it was part number HR126. Also I found the plastic hole plugs for the vent window at the small local hardware store, then painted them B7 because they were black but, I think from the factory they were white because that is how my old cracked ones were. I'm sure someone on here knows what color they should be........

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
meepbeep69 said:
Thank goodness my better half teaches sewing in HS. She is MacGyver with a sewing machine.

She said she can make the elastic and snaps. It looks like the elastic is something that is available at Joann's fabric. It looks like one inch black elastic. Is that the width?

You said 8 inches from strap but is that doubled over? Can you let me know the length of the elastic and does anyone else need any? I am sure this is going to cost me some more chick flicks.

And as always many thanks!
Yes its 1". I went to a fabric outlet Joann's was out. Double it over with about a 1" pull beyond the snap to grab. Then it needs to stretch at least 8" from the belt to the snap.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
To show what's still available out there, I needed a new stop light switch for the Barracuda. NAPA had one that except for the way it is fastened in place, is an exact match to the original!

Back