• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where can one locate the number of RR's that where built..

62BT409

Reaction score
especially the convertibles? How many 1970 RR convertibles were produced? Someone told me 314 and them someone else said 413.

A31PKG

Reaction score
Re: Where can one locate the number of RR's that where built

Pick up a copy of Galen's "Chrysler Corporation Production Option Code Book".

There were 2128 RM27's built.

62BT409

Reaction score

A31PKG said:

Sorry A31PKG, but I would rather donate my money to somewhere that it has a useful place or even give my money to someone to read it to me.....anybody other than that man!!!

jays69bird

Reaction score

I have a number 824 convertibles produced,no breakdown on combo's auto's 4 speeds,383's vs. Hemi's etc. The 2128 is a 69 production number.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score

As the 1970s dawned, the Road Runner, like most muscle cars, saw a decrease in production. High horsepower ratings as well as a high frequency of insurance claims created astronomical insurance rates, steering a number of people away from muscle cars and more towards the sport-luxury class. Production fell to 43,404 Road Runners for the 1970 model year with 24,944 hardtops, 15,716 sedans, and just 824 convertibles being produced.

http://www.collectorcarmarket.com/conte ... unner.html

62BT409

Reaction score

Thank you George...........now get busy on the RR........July is around the corner :)

And a Thank you to Jay also.

A31PKG

Reaction score

62BT409 said:
A31PKG said:

Sorry A31PKG, but I would rather donate my money to somewhere that it has a useful place or even give my money to someone to read it to me.....anybody other than that man!!!

I am not a big fan of the guy either. Even so, his white pocket books are a good resource for the MOPAR hobbiest....and worth the money IMO. Sorry if you took it the wrong way, I was just tying to be helpful. BTW, the figure I gave you was for '69 production. I don't remember your post originally asking about just the '70 model year, I should have read it closer i guess. For '70 production, I also come up with 824.

621 383 cars, 13 3-speeds, 179 4-speeds, 429 autos
3 U.S. Hemis, 2 auto, & 1 4-speed, and another went to Canada (no trans break down for that one)
34 6BBL's, 20 4-speeds, & 14 auto

62BT409

Reaction score

A31PKG said:
62BT409 said:
A31PKG said:

I am not a big fan of the guy either. Even so, his white pocket books are a good resource for the MOPAR hobbiest....and worth the money IMO. Sorry if you took it the wrong way, I was just tying to be helpful. BTW, the figure I gave you was for '69 production. I don't remember your post originally asking about just the '70 model year, I should have read it closer i guess. For '70 production, I also come up with 824.

621 383 cars, 13 3-speeds, 179 4-speeds, 429 autos
3 U.S. Hemis, 2 auto, & 1 4-speed, and another went to Canada (no trans break down for that one)
34 6BBL's, 20 4-speeds, & 14 auto

Not at all, I was not taking it the wrong way. A good friend of mine sells his books.....and I know he does it as part of his Mopar Parts Company and knows not to ask me to buy any ...

Back