• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to buy replacement grille/headlight bezels

nicanor

Reaction score
The headlight bezels and grille are original but I don't think refreshing them to look new is worthwhile. Or is there a way? So where is a good place to look for replacement headlight bezels and grille? I see them in the Year One catalog, but is that the best/only place to get them?

Thank you,
Barry

ALX69RR440

Reaction score

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
I had bought the repop grille/bezels and they do not fit like the orignals do.

I had to open the holes in the bezels so they would line up but,the screws covered up what I opened up.

They also do not have as many mounting tabs as oringnals.

I should say mine were the very first ones that they came out with and I don't know if they made any changes in the newer repops.

Also they are not near the thickness of the oringnals.

If I had the money I would have had my orignals redone. :cents:

nicanor

Reaction score
To have the grille redone its $700 and the headlight bezels $500 for a total of $1200. Its another $500 to do the taillight bezels.

droptop

Reaction score
If you do go with the repops, make sure you look at them before you buy them. Go to a show or somewhere that you can inspect them before you buy them. A lot of the grilles that were made are seconds. The grills and headlight bezels have a lot of tooling (drag) marks on the tops. This is in full view when you have the hood open. Some of the grills have a small dent in the very center of the grill. :cents:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
droptop said:
If you do go with the repops, make sure you look at them before you buy them. Go to a show or somewhere that you can inspect them before you buy them. A lot of the grilles that were made are seconds. The grills and headlight bezels have a lot of tooling (drag) marks on the tops. This is in full view when you have the hood open. Some of the grills have a small dent in the very center of the grill. :cents:

Sound & accurate advice. :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
The tooling marks that Harold refers to look like doo-doo...

CompSyn

Reaction score
Guess it depends on the application and what you're trying to achieve, but I've found that I'm much happier and the results much better when I stick with restored or NOS factory original stuff.

The old saying lives on... You get what you pay for.

CompSyn

Reaction score
nicanor said:
To have the grille redone its $700 and the headlight bezels $500 for a total of $1200. Its another $500 to do the taillight bezels.

Curious? Who is doing this work for this price. Did you have this work done or did you just get a quote. Does the hefty price tag match the results?

nicanor

Reaction score
Size: 4 KB
Thank you for your email.
Ballpark figure, you are looking at 700 dls for the grille, 500 for thr
headlight. Bezels. Turn around time is 6 weeks

I am currently in san diego consultiung for a company in rancho bernado, if you
want to stop by and get me the parts, I will take them to LA this weekend.

I do restore the tailight bezels also, the set is about 400 to 500 dls.

Once we inspect your parts I will quote you firmly. We ask for 50% down, and
balance due prior to release parts back to customer.

My cell number is 818 326 4122 should you decide to call me

Marcos Cielak
King of Trim. LLC

I emailed the kingoftrim website that Alex put in a on this post above. They gave me the price for completing the restoration.

droptop

Reaction score
I had a set of wheel opening mouldings restored by Marcos for the '75 when I couldn't find a set of NOS. The workmanship and service were top notch. :thumbsup:

nicanor

Reaction score
I ordered the grille and bezels but I'm going to keep the originals.

moparchris

Reaction score
I paid $1600 for a 68 grill and tailpanel from the King of Trim and the quality was worth the price. The problem is that they make a marginal car look it, I put them on a Very nice Black 68 Runner that I restored and it looked stunning!

Back