• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where to buy speedometer gear?

dobie

Reaction score
I need the 40 tooth orange gear. Year One has them, but they cost $70! They can't really be that much, can they?

Thanks!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Sure they can Steve, just 'cause it's Y1. I looked at Passon's site, but didn't see anything for speedo gears, but his site is still a work in progress. I looked at Brewer's. They have new, '66 & uo 40 tooth Orange gears for $49.95 #SP40. They also have Used #SP40U for $29.95. OR, just tell your coworkers you're taking the bird out for a spin, and to look the other way....... :drive: :D

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Steve:

Carlisle is quickly coming up...if you don't have to have it right away why not grab one there? You'll be able to haggle...might even score a pristine used one for 1/2 the cost... It's just a thought...

Ray

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I saw something on another site that said that these gears aren't in production any more, and that's why the prices on these thing have gone crazy.

dobie

Reaction score
Well, thanks for the help guys!! Even Summit doesn't have these things. I'll look into Brewer's. I definitely don't need one, but if they're out of production now, I guess I should try to find one at some point. I'm not sure what mine has in it currently, but I'd imagine it's not the correct orange one.

:cheers:

BBillyC

Reaction score
I haven't got a clue which one mine will need now having the 410's in place, and it will all depend on the final tire size when I work that out. In the meantime I just try to go as fast as the majority on the road. All the cops and speed/redlight cams will guarantee a ticket at 7mph over. After all it's not about safety (the political line) it's about making money.

dobie

Reaction score
BBillyC said:
I haven't got a clue which one mine will need now having the 410's in place, and it will all depend on the final tire size when I work that out. In the meantime I just try to go as fast as the majority on the road. All the cops and speed/redlight cams will guarantee a ticket at 7mph over. After all it's not about safety (the political line) it's about making money.

So then, where does all of this money go if it's all about the money?

Back