• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which Engine?

1BADBIRD

Reaction score
I have a really stout 440 6-bbl I built for my 69 Dart. During the build I purchased my 69 RR pulled the 383 and took it to the Machine shop that I work at part time. The 383 is warmed over ie: cam,intake,slight head work so on. I was curious which engine I should stick where? Both cars are a-833 and 4:10 equipped. Just curious what you all thought I should do?

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
We're not too far apart. I think either motor in either car would be great. As long an neither one is #s matching. We would like to see pics of both cars.

69bbeep

Reaction score
if the 383 is a matching numbers motor for the 69 roadrunner i would leave it in the RR. But if it's not, I personally like the 440/6 in the road runner and put the 383 in the dart. (my 2 cents worth)
Mike

1BADBIRD

Reaction score
French Lick, In. The 383 is out of a 69 RR but not mine I bought and pulled it from the original car. My original 383 suffered a serious rod through the block injury. sucked up too many chevy and fords I guess!!!!! :eek:

droptop

Reaction score
That makes 3 of us in Southern Indiana. Small world. I agree with 69bbeep 440 in the bird, 383 in the dart.

toms69rr

Reaction score
I am from Indiana
Dose that count?
lived there 28 years, They still have the tobaggon run in French lick?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I have to agree with the others. Put the 440 in the bird, and the 383 in the Dart.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
My reason is the 6bbl, if it were a 440 4bbl I like the Dart idea :cheers:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:

Pretty much my line of thinking as well...although as a life-long 340 Duster guy I can tell you that I really like hot LA engines in A-Bodies, even though this was not one of the options...

Hey Beep - Not so warm out there in AZ this morning I see...so what does that mean for the dunes temperature-wise? I seem to recall that you were headed out there this week...

Ray

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

Pretty much my line of thinking as well...although as a life-long 340 Duster guy I can tell you that I really like hot LA engines in A-Bodies, even though this was not one of the options...

Hey Beep - Not so warm out there in AZ this morning I see...so what does that mean for the dunes temperature-wise? I seem to recall that you were headed out there this week...

Ray
We are headed out Wednesday throuogh Sunday. We have had a series of cold fronts, wet ones at that, come through here on there way to you guys. The long range forcast is low 70s daytime 40s at night which is more of the norm. Can't complain we needed the water. The sand dunes is a little drier and only a degree or two warmer. Can't wait :banana:

Back