• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which Paint

nicanor

Reaction score
There are shops in California that still use urethane paint, but its the low VOC paint thats even made by PPG. Its a less quality paint as compared to the paint we used before we were forced into using water based paint, but you can still get base coat, clear coat.

I'm down here in the San Diego area and I have been to several shops with good reputations and the base price for paint was $7000. They strip and re-install all the parts. They remove the doors, windows, bumpers, fenders, hood, trunk lid, door handles and anything else that needs to be removed to paint the car. They also paint the door jams (as expected) but this also includes painting all the interior pieces that need to be painted black. My car body is in pretty good shape but rear window area needs work, dents in the hood and just to make the lines look crisp was about $1500.

I did have a price of $4000 dollars using urethane base coat, clear coat, but they did not remove the doors or fenders. That would have been extra but reasonable.

The shop that painted my Corvette wants $5000 using water based paint and they will do everything. I might have to work out the details with them. They are Lloyd's collision in Santee CA. You can give them a call and though they can't give you an exact estimate on the phone, you can tell them its like my Roadrunner and they can give you a rough estimate.

http://www.lloydscollision.com

Good luck,
Barry

ALX69RR440

Reaction score
Thank you all,
I dropped off the car today! They are going to do all of the rust patch work and then I’m going to pick up the car and strip it or have it stripped. I still have time before I decide on paint type.

Back