• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whining noise in 727

69rrvert

Reaction score
I have a 69 Road Runner with a 727 auto. The transmission was re-built about 12 years ago and may have 5000 miles on it. I don't remember the mileage. Anyway, the car has been parked for the last 8 years. Everything about the transmission works fine. It has good firm shifts, goes into gear immediately, and seems to be working fine with no issues. The problem, is that is has a whine in first and second gear. No noise at all in drive. I did a quick search on here and seems it could possibly be the planetary. Haven't dropped the pan but the fluid looks good and doesn't smell burned. Anything else I should look for? Thanks, Steven

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
drop the pan and see if any parts are in there......mine blew and it was loaded with all kinds of ban parts plus....it will tell the story......how you doing?

Back