• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who is the Radio Block Off Plate Expert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
No expert but I always thought of them as plastic just like the radio filler :popcorn:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I don't think the type of material is important here. Seven people have bid a simple approx, 8"x4" piece of metal up to 151 bucks? :huh: Seems to me you could make that just a little bit cheaper then that!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I got some extra plywood about that size......

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
I have one or two plastic ones and a metal one, the metal one I pulled firsthand out of a junk yard 69 Belvedere in late eighties early nineties, haven't looked at it in a long time but it bolts in funny if i remember right. the plastic ones are what you should be looking for. Maybe it could be argued to ne a 68 or early 69 thing usually those have the wide 68 trim around door/window edge and I think I would have remembered if that was the case. I could photo it if someone is curious.

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
after looking at the e-bay ad closer yeah that is how my metal one bolts in too, I knew it was something funny.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
3BIRDS1X said:
I have one or two plastic ones and a metal one, the metal one I pulled firsthand out of a junk yard 69 Belvedere in late eighties early nineties, haven't looked at it in a long time but it bolts in funny if i remember right. the plastic ones are what you should be looking for. Maybe it could be argued to ne a 68 or early 69 thing usually those have the wide 68 trim around door/window edge and I think I would have remembered if that was the case. I could photo it if someone is curious.

Thanks, Rich. Not looking. Just curious. Hadn't seen the metal version before. I have one decent block off plate that's in the car and one that's very nice that will eventually get used.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Put a radio in it, strippers work better with music :jester:

wate of time, he can't hear the radio over the blowd up mufflers.....

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
69hemibeep said:

My souvenir muffler from the "Puff the Magic Dragon" episode got thrown into the cuda when I hauled everything off last week...

Exhaust isn't that loud on that car...but the tranny sounds like a freight train...worn slap out and no carpeting to deaden the sound...yikes... :crazy:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:
69hemibeep said:

My souvenir muffler from the "Puff the Magic Dragon" episode got thrown into the cuda when I hauled everything off last week...

Exhaust isn't that loud on that car...but the tranny sounds like a freight train...worn slap out and no carpeting to deaden the sound...yikes... :crazy:
You got rid of the muffler! There is hope for you :acme: :jester:

moparchris

Reaction score
I hate to say it but it kinda looks like the block off panel for a non A/C 68. 69s have a puffy pad but 68 used the same pad for the swtch panel surround and had a METAL block off with a crown/ crease up the middle just like that one. :cents:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Well apparently the metal radio block off plates must be somewhat rare...that thing sold for $202... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back