• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will a hood lock from '72 work on a '76 RoadRunner?..

MadMechanic77

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've got a quick question to you folks. Recently I broke the hood lock in my '76 Roadrunner. Wanted to buy a new one (not from the junk yard or something) but apparently it's hard to find one.... But I managed to find a hood lock for '72 and was wondering, whether there is a chance to make it work on my '76? Also, maybe someone here knows, if they are very different? And if so, what exactly differs?

Any help is appreciated!

droptop

Reaction score
Not much will interchange from a B body to an F body. Post a picture of the 76 hood latch and I will see if the one on my 79 Aspen parts car will work for you.Always liked the 76 runners. Post up a pic or two.

MadMechanic77

Reaction score
Hey, sure, will get a pic for you this weekend. For now I guess I will give it a try and will get the lock that is listed for the '72 (https://www.carid.com/trunk-locks/).... Anyways, if I have to slightly modify something there it's fine.
Thanks for your reply, man...

Last edited:
Back