• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Windlace

ArmyInspector

Reaction score
I have a 69RR Coupe, anyone know how long or how many feet of windlace I need?

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Don't know how long you need as when I bought mine it come already cut to length for 1968-70 cars.

just got it from one of the venders selling and I think it was Jamie from MEGA parts

ArmyInspector

Reaction score
They only sell black or white, I need blue and of course packages don't say how long, any chance you could measure yours and get me close. I found a company to order from but they sell by the foot and its expensive.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
I think that's all you will find is black or white(when I bought mine 5/6 years ago) I got the black and had to paint it the F8 green.

I will measure mine and get back with the length of them.

ArmyInspector

Reaction score
Awesome, no classic has windlace different colors, thanks for the help.

droptop

Reaction score
The stuff you are referring to is cloth covered and is not the right thing for 68-70 b bodies. I would buy the correct plastic ones and dye them the color you need with interior paint from Herb's Parts.

ArmyInspector

Reaction score
this is what the ad says, Featuring authentic vinyl grain texture, positive gripping power and rapid application, this flexible vinyl trim is ideal for classic car applications, it doesn't say anything about cloth, but I do know what your talking about as far as the cloth windlace.

droptop

Reaction score
Keep us posted when you get them. I will be needing a green set soon. I have not seen any original style reproductions other than black.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
looks like you got one piece and have to cut it?

if so measure twice cut once :lol:

ArmyInspector

Reaction score
cheaper and safer that way, the big question was the type of windlace, I'm not an expert but it looks good to me.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
It looks good to me, is it all plastic or has it got metal in it like the original. I bought some that is all plastic and I'm afraid it is going to shrink with heat.

Back