• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Window Glass has Separated from Metal Regulator Channel

1969beepbeep

Reaction score
The glass has separated from the metal regulator channel (not sure of correct name) on all four of my windows. How can I remount the glass to channel because the rubber is no longer elastic and more like plastic? Is there an easy way to align the glass relative to the channel?

1969beepbeep

Reaction score
Sorry the windows are not readily available. However, below is a link to a set of rear sideglass in ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/68-70-ROAD-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e7ea3f9cc&vxp=mtr

Looking at the photograph, basically the glass has separated from the lower metal piece, which has all the slots. Also, the stainless steel metal trim piece that runs along the front of the glass is broken. Sorry for confusion!

droptop

Reaction score
:eek: 600 bucks for chipped and scratched glass???!!!!! I will look at my glass and post some pictures on Sunday. Can't remember how it goes into the channel, but will find out.

dutchrunner

Reaction score
On my RM23 the chrome strip that seal the 2 side windows was also lose on both sides of the car.
Had a carglass company remove the old glue/sealer and re-glue them with some black silicone??
That's the sluff the used to afix the backwindow in my RR.

Don't know name , but is strong but flexible.

Hope this helps.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
buytl is what is used on the back glass. I would call a glass company and see what they say. I would think any adhesive would work.

1969beepbeep

Reaction score
Yes, the chrome strips also fell off my glass. Basically everything has fallen off my glass except the "Mopar" stickers, which look pretty cool. Too bad for me the previous owner also applied a big "Plymouth" sticker between the radio and roadrunner emblem. That sticker would not come off without using a razor and the razor destroyed the paint. Lucky for me I got to repaint the dash because of that sticker.

dmartin

Reaction score
I used the black silicone as well, it seam to be holding up just fine

arveeotto

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but the best thing to use is primerless auto glass urethane. Silicone will work in a pinch, but not as durable as urethane. Just don't get it on your skin, it will be there for a while if you don't get it off right away.

RoadRunnerJD

Reaction score
Yes, the chrome strips also fell off my glass. Basically everything has fallen off my glass except the "Mopar" stickers, which look pretty cool. Too bad for me the previous owner also applied a big "Plymouth" sticker between the radio and roadrunner emblem. That sticker would not come off without using a razor and the razor destroyed the paint. Lucky for me I got to repaint the dash because of that sticker.

Too bad you had to scrape it off. A trick is to use a sponge or damp towel sprayed good with a laundry stain remover product called "Spray and Wash" and figure out how to hold it against the decal for a few hours or even overnight. It will emulsify the glue with no damage to the paint. you can see how it works on washing machines that have the woodgrain decals or decals on the dials that come off over time when they are exposed to those type of stain removers. I found the trick in a publication called "Dear Heloise". I had to remove some NHRA decals from the dash on my old black A12 Runner and it worked perfectly with no signs of the decals ever being there.

Big D A12

Live Fast!!
Reaction score
I think the stuff you are looking for is called glass setting tape. Bob Drake has many sizes available. This is the correct one for the bottom of the vent windows and the trim on the back of the 23 door glass.

D

IMG_2470.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I think the stuff you are looking for is called glass setting tape. Bob Drake has many sizes available. This is the correct one for the bottom of the vent windows and the trim on the back of the 23 door glass.

D

Yep. I went to a local auto glass outfit to buy some and they gave me what I needed

Back