• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Window Rollers

dobie

Reaction score
I probably should repair/replace a few of my glass rollers. I know one is broken for sure. Looking online I can find kits for the quarter windows for $80. For some reason I can't find anything for the door windows. Im obviously missing something.

Are the rollers the same for both the door and quarter windows? Any recommendations on getting an entire kit, or just replacing a couple of rollers?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Steve, I replaced all of mine just because the kit had them all in it, but if yours are not brittle I would consider only the broken ones because they are a pain to replace. If I remember right yours is a hardtop, the rear gizmo is a pain to reassemble and realign I do have pics of them installed because they come out in a bunch of pieces. I also used plumbers grease to lube them it won't hurt plastic or run.

dobie

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks for the info. I know a few are broken for sure. Once the car comes back home i'll look a bit deeper.

zupanj

Reaction score
My drivers side window really needs an adjustment. I can barely roll it up and down but I have stalled trying to adjust it. Bob is the adjustment difficult? I suspect it's one of those things I don't do well. I tend to move things in half inch intervals when 1/8 inch is more appropriate. I am really lousy at that kind of thing and was thinking of taking to my body shop since I have some hood work to do anyway.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
there are some screws with lock nuts they are used to tip the glass into or out of the car and the rails the rollers ride in are adjustable for up and down also towards the door glass. You may have a bent rail or some out of Wac. I did mine when the quarters were off and of coarse adjusted them when the glass went in good luck maybe the service manual will help.

road runner 516 (Medium).jpg

Back