• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Windshield adhesive

Big Mo

Reaction score
Any of you have info on what is a good adhesive for glass installation. I got a tube of 3M,went to use it and it will not fit my caulk gun. The plunger is a little to big. I checked the price of a gun from auto parts to fit,$80.00,OUCH.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Why cant you just grind down the plunger to make it work. Did not try the tube in the calk gun when getting the tube from the auto part's store. Bought mine from Auto Zone. The 3M Butyl black window calk. I would not want to pay 80 buck's for the calk gun either. Good luck Mo know you are frustrated buddy. :BangHead:

Big Mo

Reaction score
Why cant you just grind down the plunger to make it work. Did not try the tube in the calk gun when getting the tube from the auto part's store. Bought mine from Auto Zone. The 3M Butyl black window calk. I would not want to pay 80 buck's for the calk gun either. Good luck Mo know you are frustrated buddy. :BangHead:
I already decided to grind the plunger down on a gun. I am not really frustrated this is just another challenge to restoring a classic car.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes we have to think out of the box my friend. If you have done sheet metal work on the car then you have been through a lot. The challenge is always their. Good job darn if I would pay 80 bucks for a special calk gun. I did have to buy a special gun to put crack sealer down in the shop but it was a big gun and the tubes where big also. Just would not fit the regular gun. LOL.

Back