• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Windshield leak

clazar2121

Reaction score
Had the 70 RR out sunday & got caught in quick rain. I noticed water coming in the front passenger foot well. And condensation at the bottom right coner of the windshield. How hard is it take the trim off & check & reseal any leaking area?? And are there any water drains i should for to see if they are plugged??

Chuck

quikbird

Reaction score
Not too hard to take off trim, might be able to reseal, otherwise windshield gets to come out, 50-50 chance to break glass when you do. Double check the windshield wiper pivot arm seal as well. Our cars are notorious for this.

Ranger

Reaction score
Yeah, mine leaked REAL bad in a horrendous thunderstorm last year at the power tour. I pulled the rear window trim and resealed it (it was badly deteriorated). Got 3 of the 4 trim sides off the front and cracked the windshield on the last one. And I thought I was being extra careful. Good luck.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
it is stuff called water that magically is transported up into the sky and then dropped upon our heads here in the Midwest by malicious entities. :D

Same stuff that comes out of my faucet LOL

SgtLee511

Reaction score
I happen to be working on my roadrunners cowl today, I just welded in metal because I had three rusted out areas where the windshield meets the cowl. If water was leaking from under window gasket, into a rusted hole, it should run down the inside of the air vent to the drain hole on both sides of the cowl, under the back of the fender, but also repaired a hole at the base of the drivers front window pillar that might have leaked into the drivers compartment. I would never had known it had I not had taken the windshield out.

quikbird

Reaction score
I did a thread , front inner fender question, that has a lot of pictures of this area you are asking about. I think they would be useful to you. General discussion forum, about page three

Last edited:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
use something like this in the bottom corners about 6" in each direction before the gasket

roadrunner restoration 928.jpg

Ranger

Reaction score
Just found out last week at the Mopars In The Park show in Minnesota that mine still leaks, though nowhere near as bad. The installer is coming tomorrow to seal it again.

And I still have a trunk leak after sealing the rear window. :mad:

Back