• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wing window frames

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Are your wings windows looking tired, chrome pitted, stainless dull? Well take them to your favorite chrome and polishing shops and see what they tell you. Mine said they had to come apart to do the chrome and stainless properly. Well with a little research I found out how to put them back together. There is one screw at the top under the rubber and the rest is held together by little nubs that are peened over the channel to hold it together. These are ground off or if your careful grind the peeded edge off. Now even if there is not enough material to peen back over like mine they make great pins to get the frame right where it belongs. Lightly clamp it together and drill a hole through the corner of the frame into the meat of the post, the drill size is up to you I used a 24 tooth per inch 12 tap. Take it apart and tap the threads be carful this is pot metal and clogges the tap it takes alot of cleaning of the tap. Find the length of screw for the hole and frame and I had to grind the head to fit into the channel. I added some PC7 epoxy in a few spots to help next to where the nubs were, clamp it together lining the nubs to the holes put the top screw in and then I found a nut that acts as a spacer that filled the void between the parts. Run the screw in tighten and let dry over night. My frames are stronger that when I took them out. The End

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a new Wing Window Frame restoration shop out in Arizona that just opened up. Wing Window Restorations by Sponge Bob I believe it it's called. I'm just planning on sending mine out there...but thanks for the pointers... :lmao:

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
There's a new Wing Window Frame restoration shop out in Arizona that just opened up. Wing Window Restorations by Sponge Bob I believe it it's called. I'm just planning on sending mine out there...but thanks for the pointers... :lmao:

:acme: :acme: :acme: (pat pend)

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:

You're having WAY TOO MUCH FUN with the new "acme smilie"...

Should be a little blue guy poking a little green guy with a stick, don'tcha think...??? :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
[quote="ACME A12":2loqqt1o]There's a new Wing Window Frame restoration shop out in Arizona that just opened up. Wing Window Restorations by Sponge Bob I believe it it's called. I'm just planning on sending mine out there...but thanks for the pointers... :lmao:

Should be a little blue guy poking a little green guy with a stick, don'tcha think...??? :lol:

:jester:[/quote:2loqqt1o]
Oh yea :lol:

mcmopar

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
[quote="ACME A12":bokz40i6]There's a new Wing Window Frame restoration shop out in Arizona that just opened up. Wing Window Restorations by Sponge Bob I believe it it's called. I'm just planning on sending mine out there...but thanks for the pointers... :lmao:

:jester:[/quote:bokz40i6]

I'd prefer it the other way around :jester:

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:

cool my wings on the birdible are pitted really bad , when do i send them out bob :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :jester: :jester: :jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
ACME A12 said:

cool my wings on the birdible are pitted really bad , when do i send them out bob :acme: :acme: :acme: :acme: :jester: :jester: :jester:
Send them over, my lawyers will send you the paper work. Watch for an envelope from Doowee,Cheatem and How :D

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
moparstuart said:
ACME A12 said:

Send them over, my lawyers will send you the paper work. Watch for an envelope from Doowee,Cheatem and How :D

That's no way to run a business, Bob... :toetap:

:lol:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
[quote="ACME A12":18pg40ih]There's a new Wing Window Frame restoration shop out in Arizona that just opened up. Wing Window Restorations by Sponge Bob I believe it it's called. I'm just planning on sending mine out there...but thanks for the pointers... :lmao:

:jester:[/quote:18pg40ih]

hey you blue boys keep this one amongst yerselves....but the is something about the yellow guy poking the blue guy I like........ :beep: :acme:

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
moparstuart said:
ACME A12 said:

wait i thought this was a reputable service , i'm suing now . ray to for the recommentation . :jester: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Back