• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wiper motor help

Dave

Reaction score
I am changing the wiper motor in my 69 road runner. Because the nut that holds the linkage lever on the back of the motor was on so tight the linkage broke and the lever fell into the car. the only parts i could find was a black plastic part with 3 wing type of edges on it. There must me at least a coter pin missing that connects the linkage together?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
no cotter pin, unless yours is a two speed and I've never had one.

Phils68rr

Reaction score
Hi a clip ring holds the linkage to the bracket on the motor which is held on by nut, this is for a 2 speed, not sure what you have. Phil 68 rr

tallhair

Reaction score
I am changing the wiper motor in my 69 road runner. Because the nut that holds the linkage lever on the back of the motor was on so tight the linkage broke and the lever fell into the car. the only parts i could find was a black plastic part with 3 wing type of edges on it. There must me at least a coter pin missing that connects the linkage together?

get a magnet on a stick and fish that baby out ... those are pretty hard to come by for 3 speed b bodies

Back