• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiper Motor question and a big thanks to george68hemirr

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
The wiper motor George sent me made it today. It is a two speed.

The motor on my car has a resistor to make it run at the low speed. The new motor George sent doesn't look like it ever had that on it. Looks like I could just move the resistor over and it will mount with the same screw.

Question is, do I need it? I have an early build car, Oct. 68, did later motors have an internal way of handling the low speed and not need the resistor?

Is it all just in how the car was wired?

I might get around to this swap out this afternoon as it is raining here in KY, AGAIN.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
The wiper motor George sent me made it today. It is a two speed.

The motor on my car has a resistor to make it run at the low speed. The new motor George sent doesn't look like it ever had that on it. Looks like I could just move the resistor over and it will mount with the same screw.

Question is, do I need it? I have an early build car, Oct. 68, did later motors have an internal way of handling the low speed and not need the resistor?

Is it all just in how the car was wired?

I might get around to this swap out this afternoon as it is raining here in KY, AGAIN.

well i am glad it made it there.....your questions....i cant help you there,,,,anybody else here have a 68 bird.....take a peek and see what you have

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I got it in, awful time getting the old one out, Didn't foresee that. Was painted in there, has an overhang that made it hard to get at some of the paint, couldn't really push out on it.

I put the resistor on where it was mounted on mine, worked like a charm.

Thanks again!!!

Back