• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiper Motor Resto.

dobie

Reaction score
He really is a nice guy. I had many conversations with him when I was beginning to convert to a 3 speed. He answered all my questions and didn't try to sell me anything I didn't need. I just couldn't afford for him to do the restoration. Very nice work though.

:cheers:

Confederate1969

Reaction score
How do you get the old wiper motor out? I've tried and haven't figured it out yet. Do I have to take it out from inside the car under the dash?

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
You have to get under the dash and disconnect the clip. Then slide the arms off. Unbolt and disconnect the wiring and you're good to go.

dobie

Reaction score
It's rather easy to take it out. The fun part is crawling back up under the dash to get the clip back on!! :jester:

Plymouthfan

Reaction score
I'm gonna have to change the one in my Scamp soon. Unfortunately it's an A/C car and there is almost ZERO access. The only way to the bolts is if I remove the glove box liner and for some reason thats a huge pet peeve. I HATE taking that freaking thing in and out! :brickwall:

I'm half tempted to buy one of the parts store 3 speed wiper motors for my RR and attempt to refinish it like an original. The ones you get at Rock Auto look similar to the originals, but they're refurbished and painted all black. I've restored enough antique fans to mimic the finish of an original motor I think. I'd like to get an Air Grabber air cleaner and am going to need a motor. I was SOOO close to winning that all chrome A/G cleaner on ebay last week!

Back