• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiper motor swap

MoparMitt

Reaction score
I put a 6 barrel on my 440 a couple of years ago. I was living in California and didn't need the wipers, so I just covered it with a "delete" plate. I'm in Washington State now, and I need the three speed sideways wiper motor. My question is whether I just need the motor, or do I need to change out anything else for the swap to work. I've tried calling Kim at Passion4mopars several times, but I've been unable to get a hold of her. This was an original basic 383 Bird. Has anyone dealt with this change before?
Thanks!

Beekeeper

Reaction score
Mitt,
You will need the 3 speed motor, 3 speed switch and a 3 speed bell crank. The cranks and switches are different between 2 and 3 speed everything else is the same

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I recommend Bruce out of California here restored one for me and goes to all the west coast shows with a boat load of motors. I don't have his contact handy but he is on moparts and goes by ns1aar

Back