• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiring harness

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
So after getting all the wiring in. Found out that the under dash harness did not have the wire for my revers light under dash. I tried several wires that where under the dash. They where not the one for the light. Traced back to Z on the bulk head connector and found out their was no wire on the harness for that light. Got my old harness and their it was marked with duct tape revers light. Removed it from the bulk head connector and cleaned the connector well. Put it into the bulk head connector and hooked it up and every thing works well. Also put my horn in the car new and a new relay. But horn did not work so traced and checked the horn it worked when applying power to it. So the new horn did work and checked the relay by jumping the ground side and it worked. So that put me back to the horn pad on the steering wheel. Boy was thinking hope I can get the bird button out with out braking it. It came out fine. Pulled the pad off and got to the horn mech pulled it off and cleaned the contact area really good. Tested it and horn work's. Put all back together and now it is working fine. So if you have a problem with electrical issues take your time and you will figure it out. Bad connection's or contact is always the problem it seems.

dodgey68

Reaction score
oh ,, nice,,:thumbsup2:

i have a birds nest of shit wiring going on in my car, pondering either new engine bay harness ,, the old owner used the power off the horn to run the msd ignition ,,,, wtf

quikbird

Reaction score
These cars run on 6 fuses. To put newer stuff in usually means cobbling on everything and it becomes a mess. A new harness from painless, haywire, Francis, auto wire can really become a godsend when trying to figure some of this stuff out.

Terry Hauck

Choadicus
Reaction score
Good deal. I have a wiring diagram that I got from Classic Ind. It's really helped me figure out a few things. I got my under dash reverse light working too. I do a little work on old tube radios and had a light socket that fit perfectly in the reverse housing. A very simple circuit but such a damn cool feature. Glad you are still making progress.

Back