• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wiring Harness

Russ Hood

Reaction score
Can someone identify the wiring harness color wires and connections in these pics. 69 engine wiring harness with ecm and upgrade alternator hookup.

20220811_203849.jpg

V.R.D

Reaction score
duel ballast resistor and voltage regulator. oil sending unit. but me i would look at a wire diagram like 1970 to be sure.

Russ Hood

Reaction score
Ok I'm stuck here. I have most of the year one wiring harness in. I have a dark blue and a yellow/black wire. Do these go to the coil? I also.have a blue and green connector that I guess one or both that go to the alternator? See attached pic.

20220813_222435.jpg

MoparDan

Reaction score
Ok I'm stuck here. I have most of the year one wiring harness in. I have a dark blue and a yellow/black wire. Do these go to the coil? I also.have a blue and green connector that I guess one or both that go to the alternator? See attached pic.

View attachment 36514
Hey Russ, at the risk of sounding like Cpt. Obvious here, doesn't Year One offer a wiring diagram?

MoparDan

Reaction score
Wow it must be small. The new harness plugs into the other half of the existing firewall connector, right? Then it should be the same as the old harness. Some of the colors may have changed. You should be able to use the factory diagram I sent to the "no spark" thread. It is a PDF, you can blow it up.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Ordered a color chart form Classic industry. On it tells you 440 383 or 426. That chart is valuable with in itself. Have mine taped to the lid on my toolbox. It is printed bold enough that you can read it. Keeping the old wiring harness is valuable in tracing out the wires. Only had one or two wires that changed color in the under-dash wiring. I called the company that made the wiring harness for year one. Those guys were very helpful. Think the wiring was from S&H if my memory is right. Your almost there Russ.

Russ Hood

Reaction score
I ordered a big color diagram fron classic car wiring. I believe its 18x24

Russ Hood

Reaction score
Whatever gets you back on the road before winter. It's been raining and cold here in Virginia. Coldest August I've ever seen.
It has rained here in TN all July and most of August. Never seen anything like it.

Terry Hauck

Choadicus
Reaction score
It has rained here in TN all July and most of August. Never seen anything like it.
Man you guys are talking about rain and cold. It's 100+ every day and hasn't rained any respectable amount for months here in SoCal desert. I've never seen it this dry. Wish we could split the difference.

MoparDan

Reaction score
That would be nice. I could use a day or two to do some yard work. The high today was 55 and we have gotten 4 inches of rain in the last two days. It's amazing what a mile or a thousand makes.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hey, send me some of that cooler weather. We have had our fair share of rain. But the humidity and the high 90s is killing this old guy. :thumbsup:

Russ Hood

Reaction score
Got my wiring harness changed. I've found the other problem and it's the inside part of the bulkhead. I think once that is changed I will be good to go.

20220813_212733.jpg

Back