• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Won't start

cittrex

Reaction score
up until the past week my roadrunner started up right away. I put electronic ignition in several years ago and that helped with it starting. Last week when I tried to back it out of the garage it wouldn't start. It turns over ok but it won't fire, I tried starter fluid to make sure it had fuel still nothing. I am thinking it has to be a a spark problem. I thought maybe it could be the eletronic control module (orange box). It put a new one ans still it doesn't fire up. any ideas ??

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Have you checked for spark at a plug, have you looked down the carb and opened the throttle looking for a squirt of gas?

cittrex

Reaction score
I put new plugs in last summer. I have not checked at the plug yet. But I squirted some starter fluid into the carb and no fire there

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grab one of these. Makes it easy. Until you know whether or not you have spark at the plugs you're just grasping at straws...

spark tester.jpg

Back