• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Woodgrain Steering Wheel

moparstuart

Reaction score

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
Yeah, the repops look nice but don't look original. Way too shiney.

and for that price they should be correct.

dobie

Reaction score
Yeah, no doubt. I just couldn't force myself to pony up that kind of money for a wheel. I ended up on Sunday buying a Grant wood grain from Summit while I was there for the car show.

:cheers:

mannye

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
roadrunnerh said:
Yeah, the repops look nice but don't look original. Way too shiney.

and for that price they should be correct.

No kidding! 425 bucks for a wheel that looks like any 80 dollar aftermarket china made crap doesn't make any sense.

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
You got that right Dave!

I wonder if they are selling a lot of those...

As far as restored ones, I have checked out a guy at Carlisle (who actually lives out that way) a couple years ago, and I REALLY didn't like the three spokes being painted..... they look obviously painted.
I asked and he replied that he would restore mine without painting, leaving the original finish.

The cost of restoring one aint cheap either.

mannye

Reaction score
No it ain't but I will send the guy Stuart recommended some pics of mine today and go look for a cheap replacement wheel to use while mine is away.

BARRY JACKPOT

Reaction score
At Pomona swap this year I was wandering round after a H U G E night before and spotted a woodgrain wheel sitting on blanket next to some other stuff. I just wasn't with it that morning and thought it was off a mustang so didn't even ask. My mate asks the guy how much, three hundred, done didn't even haggle or anything. Turns out it was a mint and I mean MINT B body wood grain wheel. Damn LA party town :brickwall: LOL.

Reaction score
Get them from Mike Ross at BE/ & A. That's the source, and is where herb gets his. BE/A has them for $395. OP is right , spokes are a little shiny, so I took some fine sandpaper and voila'! Now the spokes have more of the correct dull satin finish and I didn't pay $800 plus for a restored one with painted spokes. Mine looks great and I have never once had someone ask if it was a repop.

mannye

Reaction score
Well, my spokes are fine, so the only thing I am interested in is the actual wood grain. Let's see what happens. Many pics will be taken.

mannye

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
mannye said:
Well, my spokes are fine, so the only thing I am interested in is the actual wood grain. Let's see what happens. Many pics will be taken.
i have two restored wheels from rod and mine look fantastic

I will soon be sending mine off to Rod, Stuart. (I can't stop doing that!)

Reaction score
What does he charge? Any pics , contact info would be helpful. By the way , I will have some b body stuff for sale at carlisle space F85. Come by and say hi. Free bottle of COLD water to anyone with a roadrunner.net t-shirt on!

moparstuart

Reaction score
Superbee liever said:
What does he charge? Any pics , contact info would be helpful. By the way , I will have some b body stuff for sale at carlisle space F85. Come by and say hi. Free bottle of COLD water to anyone with a roadrunner.net t-shirt on!
email rod and I'm sure he can quote you prices and get you pictures
tell him stuart sent you so i can get my next wheel done free :lmao: :jester:

gswrestorations@aol.com(gswrestorations@aol.com)

moparstuart

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
Superbee liever said:
email rod and I'm sure he can quote you prices and get you pictures
tell him stuart sent you , so i can get my next wheel done free LOL :jester:

gswrestorations@aol.com(gswrestorations@aol.com)

Back