• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WooHoo Look what Santa Bob got himself

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Went for a drive and it handled about the same as the radials a little more road noise but the steering was easier. As far as grabbing uneven asphalt it was just fine, I think with a worn front end that might be true.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
6T9Hemi said:
Also, there are original A-12's out there with H wheels that were made and dated late 68.

Anyone that knows anything about Ma MoPar in general knows that there is no such thing as a hard and fast rule for ANYTHING; only general guidelines. Having clearly stated and acknowldeged that, I would then add that as A12 production did not begin until mid-March (the earliest known ship date for an A12 is March 14th) the most widely accepted and or expected H Wheel attributes would be just as I described for those of us that own and pour over these cars. There was a post just last month on the Lift-Off Hood Forum regarding a H Wheel with a February 4 date that was deemed too early to likely be a legit A12 wheel... It all makes great fodder for discussion... :D

Ray

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks awful. I'll send a transporter immediately to rid you of that unsightly mess. :D

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:jester:
ACME

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Thanks guys, now I think Ill sell my cop wheels and get some Keystones or Dave's favorite SS wheels. My wife thinks it needs bling :lol:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Went for a drive and it handled about the same as the radials a little more road noise but the steering was easier. As far as grabbing uneven asphalt it was just fine, I think with a worn front end that might be true.
IMHO, those tires and wheels do make the difference Bob. :thumbsup: The car looks great! :worship: Your description of how the car drives with those tires is how I would put it with my car. I do have some wandering to contend with but I feel that my steering box is worn and that is why I plan on replacing it this winter.

V269

Reaction score
I checked my steelies and found that the rims are stamped with an H between the lug holes and the valve stem is inline ( above ) one of the nubs but they have no dimples on them. The date by the valve stem says they are dated '73. They are 15". From a distance they look exactly the same except there are no dimples. Why is there an H on them ? Could it mean heavy duty or something. :huh: I sandblasted them and painted them black and they look great so I'm going to use them with chrome nut's and no dogdish anyhow. :thumbsup: :beep:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
i ran those bias/ply tires for years and just last year went to radials and wow what a difference in the handling and smoother ride....never again....even though the bias looks correct

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Ken King said:
I checked my steelies and found that the rims are stamped with an H between the lug holes and the valve stem is inline ( above ) one of the nubs but they have no dimples on them. The date by the valve stem says they are dated '73. They are 15". From a distance they look exactly the same except there are no dimples. Why is there an H on them ? Could it mean heavy duty or something. :huh: I sandblasted them and painted them black and they look great so I'm going to use them with chrome nut's and no dogdish anyhow. :thumbsup: :beep:

Ken - Don't worry about the dimples. Leave those to the A12 purists; lots of A12 guys are running "incorrect" wheels because the originals are so hard to find - or too expensive when you do find them... Some of the A12 guys are running the MoPar 15" X 6.5" that look very similar (A12 RR #3 which sold last year for $90K+ has these wheels...), and some are even running Crown Vic spare wheels because they look the same except for the stampings.

Sounds like yours will look great when installed. The "H" does in fact mean heavy duty; a lot of people mistakenly think this means "Hemi". They were found (well into the seventies) on lots of cars, Hemis and A12s included, but also station wagons and anything else that Ma MoPar thought might need a sturdy wheel...

Post some pics when you get them mounted...

:jester:

V269

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="Ken King":uxvagwyv]I checked my steelies and found that the rims are stamped with an H between the lug holes and the valve stem is inline ( above ) one of the nubs but they have no dimples on them. The date by the valve stem says they are dated '73. They are 15". From a distance they look exactly the same except there are no dimples. Why is there an H on them ? Could it mean heavy duty or something. :huh: I sandblasted them and painted them black and they look great so I'm going to use them with chrome nut's and no dogdish anyhow. :thumbsup: :beep:

Ken - Don't worry about the dimples. Leave those to the A12 purists; lots of A12 guys are running "incorrect" wheels because the originals are so hard to find - or too expensive when you do find them... Some of the A12 guys are running the MoPar 15" X 6.5" that look very similar (A12 RR #3 which sold last year for $90K+ has these wheels...), and some are even running Crown Vic spare wheels because they look the same except for the stampings.

Sounds like yours will look great when installed. The "H" does in fact mean heavy duty; a lot of people mistakenly think this means "Hemi". They were found (well into the seventies) on lots of cars, Hemis and A12s included, but also station wagons and anything else that Ma MoPar thought might need a sturdy wheel...

Post some pics when you get them mounted...

:jester:[/quote:uxvagwyv]

Will do, just have to come up with some tires. Got a couple of other things to do first. And yes these are 15"x 6.5" as well. :thumbsup:

Back