• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Working on a 69 runner.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Ok guy's progress is being made after many hours of body work and cleaning out the rusted part's. I was getting really tired of all that body work and welding. Not to mention the grinding of the weld's. It is starting to move quicker now that part is done. Figured that once the body is in shape bolting part's on is a lot faster. Still a little slow cleaning part's and nut's and bolt to put thing's on. Can say it is a lot more fun seeing it coming together. Really want to see the interior in that will make it much nicer. If any of you guy's are in the first stage's of restoring one of these bird's will say don't throw in the towel. Just stay after it and it will come around. Doing it by your self will take quite a while but you will know what you have in the car when done. May hat is off to you guy's starting one of these project's. Hope the car you have is not in as bad of shape as this old runner was. Cant wait to see the day I get to drive it down that road. Have a good one all and hope we come through the crises we are facing with this CV-19. Keep your loved one and friend's close and pray for better day's ahead. :thumbsup2:

RAINMANYEH

Reaction score
Oh yes, you turned a big corner getting the front end on the RR. Keep it up as you think you’re excited now, wait till you hear her fire up for the first time.

dmartin

Reaction score
Yes it takes a lot of time, money, and patience which sometimes all three is hard to come by, but it’ll eventually show your progress

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
Agree Russ, it can take a long time! First pic: mid to late 90's... last pic: about a month ago...
rot-0001.jpg
rrshop1.jpg

Plybeep68

Acceleratii Incredibus
Reaction score
Russ, keep up with all your hard work, the reward is well worth it !! The satisfaction of knowing that you did the work and the passion that went into the build is priceless my friend !

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Russ, keep up with all your hard work, the reward is well worth it !! The satisfaction of knowing that you did the work and the passion that went into the build is priceless my friend !
Yes that is the truth Plybeep68. One thing on is one less thing I have to do. Into door window's and lock mechanism. Trying to get the window out of the track but see a plastic plug that hold's it to the track. Read in my Mopar restoring book it is a pin that expands the griping part of it. Guess I will just have to drill it out.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Thanks 1968 man. It was so broken and hard as a rock that I drilled it out. Just to get the glass out. They do make the replacement pin thank god. The door glass is so scratched up no way to clean it. So guess that is on the to buy list also. Thank you for the info. Russ. :thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
It is just going to be a street runner and car show cruiser. I don't want to risk all that time and work if I blow a tire and it goes into the wall.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes I here that. Only takes a second to mess up a nice car. We use to say when racing that they have a mind of their own. It would go straight as an arrow then some times it would want to track one way or another. The road has a big bearing on what a car will do. After all that work can see why you are not going to race it. Have a good one and keep up the good work buddy. :steering:

Roadtrip

Reaction score
Plybeep68, yes tubbed... 33 X 21 X15s on back....

Russ, thanks! Keep up the good work, I really like that blue!
View attachment 31108

Bad ass car. If it were mine, which I know it’s not, I’d black out the fuel cell or is that a metal fabricated housing for the fuel cell, regardless, hard to spray bomb freshly painted cars with black but that is one spot I’d hit for sure.

roadrunninMark

Reaction score
Hi Roadtrip, thank you. I've thought about that as well. It does stick down quite far. It is a fabricated area in the truck that the fuel cell sits in, I went with a 32 gallon cell. Had I known it would stick down like that, I would have went with a smaller one. I may just get some black vinyl wrap to put on it and see how it looks, much easier to go back if I don't like it.

Back