• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Year One! Part not shipped.

Russ Hood

Reaction score
I ordered the dash harness at $617 over a week ago and it has not been shipped. I cannot get in touch with them. Anybody work for them?

MoparDan

Reaction score
Are they just not answering the phone? I've had good luck getting them at 800-932-7663. They use a very cryptic statement that means it is on backorder. I've not been happy with them this year.

WWheeler

Reaction score
I placed a decent order with Y/O months ago. Still waiting on one part. It is not urgent, but the other parts I needed. The order had around 10 items and only five shipped right away. The other three have slowly trickled in. I ended up canceling one and ordering from a different vendor. Not sure why Y/O doesn’t have it and others do?

Russ Hood

Reaction score
I sent them a email yesterday afternoon. I got a text today it's on its way and out for delivery tomorrow.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Waiting on parts are one of the most tough times. Especially if you need it now. Good luck and post some pics of your progress. :thumbsup2:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Friend of mine ordered one 2 days ago and come to find out its backordered again. Then he finds it for less on year ones ebay store in stock. He sat on hold for ever to get year one to refund the back order then told the guy about there ebay store and he told my friend to FO and hung up.

MoparDan

Reaction score
Friend of mine ordered one 2 days ago and come to find out its backordered again. Then he finds it for less on year ones ebay store in stock. He sat on hold for ever to get year one to refund the back order then told the guy about there ebay store and he told my friend to FO and hung up.
I ordered a wrong part from them. I realized it within 20 minutes, there is no way to cancel or correct an order online. I had to call and get it corrected. I could not apply the previously posted payment to the correct order. I had to cancel the order and they would initiate a refund. Then I had to go ONLINE and order the correct part. This was in June. I have received the correct part but have not gotten my refund. I called Year One and was told they have issued the refund and to call my bank. I did, the bank has no record of a refund and have opened an investigation. I'm still waiting on my refund. I doubt I will ever order from them again. I'm hearing too many bad stories.

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
FWIW worth.
Unless things have changed Year One (and others) don't make the repo harnesses.
Can't recall the name off hand but there is a specialty company that does it across the brands.
Probably not a big surprise.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
They are located in CA. H&S. Get a load of this ordered parts from Classic Industries. Got a box with classic industries printed on the outside. Opened the box and the company's box was inside that made the part. Don't figure. :BangHead:

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
Yes.
Year One serves a purpose and I like to give them business to "support" the hobby.
And they are a local company.
I got a killer deal on scratch and dent "3/4 "panels from them this year.
Last 2 in stock..
No shipping for me.
With the geopolitical situation re Taiwan, I can't help but wonder if AMD should move manufacturing of metal to Mexico.
Seems like a no brainier logistic wise.
Stuff is scarce already at AMD.
AMD are you listening?

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I stand corrected thanks. That is the old brain just don't remember without looking through all my old bills to see where I bought everything for the car. LOL. Never even added up all the cost of parts that was bought to restore the runner. Afraid it would give me a heart attack. I have two folders that are stapled on the end's just to hold all those bills. One of my friends that restored his runner at the same time as I was. Told me his wife added up his bills and came in around 30 thou. Figured that was pretty darn close to what I spent. But no one can put a price on the labor we put in. So, if you figure what a shop would charge then holey moly, we would be looking up words to 60 grand easy. Or maybe more.

Last edited:

droptop

Reaction score
I quit Year One many years ago for the very same reasons as stated above. Permanently removed from my Rolodex.

mr4speed

Reaction score
Yes things are changing ordered a e brake handle took me a month and had to contact them found they order it from classic industries oh well...............everything is on back order remember when you could get things 3 or 4 day turnaround and prices thats something else.:cursin::mad::mob:

Back