• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yet another problem out of the blue.

JJRJR

Reaction score
Gary went to start her this morning so he could check the timing. Acted like battery was dead. Removed battery, took to shop, they say it's fine. Put battery back in, tried to start, same thing. Nothing. He noticed the battery cables were very hot to the touch.

Starter died? If so, I have the world's worst luck with "brand new" car parts. With the TTI Headers, only a handful of starters fit, so I bought something from DB Electrical. It was only $76, so maybe it was junk? Any suggestions on a good starter that will fit with the TTI"s?

Thanks guys,

John

zupanj

Reaction score
I bought a starter from RobbMc initially when putting the hemi together but the tti headers wouldn't quite bolt up during mock-up. When I called they seemed surprised as this was the starter that was supposed to fit by several accounts. I then bought a Denso starter from Mancini. It fit well and has worked fine for 3 years now.

JJRJR

Reaction score
Thanks guys. We're going to try another starter and Gary will do some investigating tomorrow.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
zupanj said:
I bought a starter from RobbMc initially when putting the hemi together but the tti headers wouldn't quite bolt up during mock-up. When I called they seemed surprised as this was the starter that was supposed to fit by several accounts. I then bought a Denso starter from Mancini. It fit well and has worked fine for 3 years now.
3 YEARS......OH SHIT YOUR SCREWED NOW..... SHOULDN'T HAVE SAID ANYTHING....LOL :lmao:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
zupanj said:
3 YEARS......OH SHIT YOUR SCREWED NOW..... SHOULDN'T HAVE SAID ANYTHING....LOL :lmao:
Can't break it if you dont use it :jester:

zupanj

Reaction score
Hey I'm driving it, I put almost 200 miles on it so far this year. I don't believe in jinxes but I am superstitious.

JJRJR

Reaction score
Well guys, I'll know more tomorrow. But trying to keep a positive attitude. Maybe if the engine seized, this is the Mopar Gods telling me it's Hemi Time? Who knows? :)

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
JJRJR said:
Well guys, I'll know more tomorrow. But trying to keep a positive attitude. Maybe if the engine seized, this is the Mopar Gods telling me it's Hemi Time? Who knows? :)
thats funny :groucho: :groucho:

JJRJR

Reaction score
JJRJR said:
Gary went to start her this morning so he could check the timing. Acted like battery was dead. Removed battery, took to shop, they say it's fine. Put battery back in, tried to start, same thing. Nothing. He noticed the battery cables were very hot to the touch.

Starter died? If so, I have the world's worst luck with "brand new" car parts. With the TTI Headers, only a handful of starters fit, so I bought something from DB Electrical. It was only $76, so maybe it was junk? Any suggestions on a good starter that will fit with the TTI"s?

Thanks guys,

John

Well, dodged a bullet this time. Starter was shot. Put new one on and she fired right up. That starter has about 600 miles on it, I can see how it's shot. JUNK. :)

Guess I'll have to postpone the Hemi Shopping.

J

moparchris

Reaction score
94 Dodge Dakota starter for all my cars. I buy a high quality reman from my local parts source.

JJRJR

Reaction score
moparchris said:
94 Dodge Dakota starter for all my cars. I buy a high quality reman from my local parts source.

Does that work with TTI headers?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
for you mini lovers, I have the starter that was on the V6 I pulled from the truck. makes a good door stop..... :acme:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Do your headers glow in the dark? Just wondering if your lean causing excessive heat :popcorn:

Back