• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Z-Bar or Torque Bar

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Tore into my z-bar to make sure everything looked good and guess what? More work to do....... :brickwall: The ball that screws into the bell housing was bent, ground on and tightened up with channel locks........ :brickwall: The ball that attaches to the frame has been broken off and rewelded, which I think is why they torched the bracket, so it would sit flat with the big weld on there........ :brickwall: Only the frame side had the plastic bearings in it.........so I ordered a rebuild kit for the z-bar. It has clips and everything in it...... :D

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
"I onlt gots three tools...BFH,torch,and channel locks" :crazy:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Your going to need an automatic after the puppy takes your legs off anyway :acme:

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
It really erks me when people cobble up everything....... :brickwall: But if they didn't, I guess I wouldn't be having all this fun, would I? :thumbsup:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Basketcase said:
It really erks me when people cobble up everything....... :brickwall: But if they didn't, I guess I wouldn't be having all this fun, would I? :thumbsup:
It just goes to show how many wannabe mechanics there are out there. I don't profess to be a mechanic, but I can do some things on my car. If I find something that I don't feel I can do, then I'll find out how to do it, or I'll find someone that does know how to do it and have it done by them! I would never leave something like that on my cars.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
It seems like every time I take somethign apart, I find rust, hack jobs and more hassles. So I tend to just leave stuff alone now.

I bet you will find shifting much easier now. :thumbsup:

moparchris

Reaction score
It seems as though whenever I take the clutch linkage out of a car, no matter what brand, its a mess just likes yours was. You will be amazed at how much better the pedal will feel with the linkage ironed out and how consistent your clutch adjustments will be. Good job Gary, looks like your one more step closer to perfection!

Back