• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zimmerman found not guilty

jays69bird

Reaction score
Despite the prosecution attempting to try the case in the news media and protesters being bused in they found Zimmerman Not Guilty.While I do think ole George should have stayed in his vehicle as the first rule of conceal carry is don't put yourself into a situation,under stand your ground he was in his rights if he believed he was in danger being confronted with deadly force,since I have known people who have died just falling onto cement,getting your head slammed into it would constitute that.It does bother me that this whole trial and the charges were a result of the U.S. media fanning the flames of racism to their own end. :soap:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
i am glad he got off

remember when OJ Simpson got off and all the white people were protesting in the streets.......i don't either.......the media blows

mcmopar

Reaction score
jays69bird said:
Despite the prosecution attempting to try the case in the news media and protesters being bused in they found Zimmerman Not Guilty.While I do think ole George should have stayed in his vehicle as the first rule of conceal carry is don't put yourself into a situation,under stand your ground he was in his rights if he believed he was in danger being confronted with deadly force,since I have known people who have died just falling onto cement,getting your head slammed into it would constitute that.It does bother me that this whole trial and the charges were a result of the U.S. media fanning the flames of racism to their own end. :soap:

Yup - the only reason he was brought to trial in the first place was to appease a small but vocal group. Even the new black police chief of Sanford commented a few days before the verdict came down that this is what everyone wanted, now don't get violent if it doesn't go the way you want. Now the protesters want the Justice Dept. to get involved and file Civil Rights charges against Zimmerman. Even though it was Trayvon who called Zimmerman a "crazy ass white cracker." And THAT isn't a recist comment???!!! It is all a tragic situation. Zimmerman should not have followed him, even though he was well within his rights to do so, thus instigating the encounter. Then Trayvon, instead of vacating the area, initiated the physical encounter, telling Zimmerman "you're going to die tonight." What do you expect Zimmerman to do? He could definitely claim to be afraid for his life and use whatever means necessary to defend himself. The sad fact is a young man is dead and another's life is pretty much ruined. Nobody wins and we just become eve more divided as now the gov't looks like it is going to get involved. :brickwall: :brickwall:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
The only reason this is so big is because of race. The boy attacked him and almost killed him it was justifiable. If it was a white kid it would have never made the news. Sad but true.

mcmopar

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
The only reason this is so big is because of race. The boy attacked him and almost killed him it was justifiable. If it was a white kid it would have never made the news. Sad but true.
Right - or a black on black shooting. All you might have heard was a small blurb on he local news. Just another statistic in that case. I just want to know where the outrage in the black community is when a young black male kills another young black male. You sure don't see Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson showing up under those citcumstances, now do you? :soap:
Oh, wait, now I'm just being racist... :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Jim S.

Reaction score
I don't think the Feds have any case against Zimmerman. They would have to prove racial bias or a hate crime. Just not there with Zimmerman's history. Mentoring black kids, in business with a black business partner, etc. Now here is what I'm not clear on, Zimmerman waived his right to a pretrial hearing on "stand your ground law". If that hearing would have went in his favor, no criminal or civil charges could ever be brought against him in this case. He didn't want that, he wanted to be judged in front of a jury to prove self defense. Risky move in my book. Now if a civil lawsuit is brought against him, could he not request a "stand your ground" hearing then? If so I would think it would be a slam dunk because he was already found not guilty in a self defense trial.

jerrysdustydog

Reaction score
Doesn't Double Jeopardy apply? He was found innocent of all charges by a jury of his peers. That should be it, but of course it was the President's son wanna be, shoulda be thing. What about the two black boys that shot the white baby in the face? And thousands of other violent crimes supposedly done out of the Trayvon hatred? :blah: :blah:

Jim S.

Reaction score
I saw this in the comment section of one of the many Zimmerman web pages, thought it was pretty good:

Hello. Don’t recognize me? That’s OK; I understand.

My name was Antonio West. I was the 13-month old child who was shot in the face at point blank range by two black teens, who were attempting to rob my mother, who was also shot in March of this year.

I think my murder and my mommy’s wounding made the news for maybe a day, and then disappeared.

A Grand Jury of my mommy's peers from Brunswick, Georgia ruled the black teens who murdered me will not face the death penalty... too bad it was me who got the death sentence from my killers instead, because Mommy didn't have the money they demanded.

See, my family made the mistake of being white in a 73% non-white neighborhood, but my murder wasn't ruled a "hate crime".

Oh, and President Obama didn't take a single moment to acknowledge my murder. He couldn’t have any children who could possibly look like me - so why should he care?

I’m one of the youngest murder victims in our great Nation's history, but the
media didn't care to cover the story of my being killed in cold blood.

There isn't a white equivalent of Al Sharpton, because if there was he would be
branded a "racist". So no one’s rushing to Brunswick, Georgia to demonstrate
and demand "justice" for me. There’s no "White Panther" party either to put a
bounty on the lives of the two black teens who murdered me.

I have no voice, I have no representation, and unlike those who shot me in the face while I sat innocently in my stroller - I no longer have my life.

Isn’t this a great country?

So while you’re out seeking "justice" for "Trayvon", please remember to seek
"justice" for me. Tell your friends about me, tell you families, get tee-shirts
with my face on them, and make the world pay attention, just like you did for
Trayvon.

I won’t hold my breath. I don’t have to anymore.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/c ... -1.1296312

gunnar

Reaction score
I think that's a pretty good response as well Jim. :thumbsup:

Back