• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

“It’s real and it’s spectacular”

woodwiz

Reaction score
Been on the forum for a bit now and been pumping you experts for knowledge which I am forever grateful and as time marches on I shall be asking(hopefully) not stupid ?’s.
But just so you know I have a real deal 70RR...check it out!
Thanks so much you guys Roc!

41A78ACA-467C-44B0-898A-3DF7A11011F3.jpeg

4C78D13B-2462-4D7E-94FF-4BC4473AA585.jpeg

woodwiz

Reaction score
Acme A12,I thought I better jump on this deal. There really was’nt a better one at the time,besides money was burning a hole in my pocket. Did you do any history or background on the car? I’m still trying to figure out how it changed hands 4 times in 2020.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You misunderstood my post. I quoted Bob (69hemibeep) stating that he liked the color. He and I both have B5 Blue '69 RRs, and frequently extol the virtues of blue RRs. My post indicates that he beat me to the statement, not the purchase of your car. Around here you have to pay attention to what is being quoted as conversations wander, much the same as they do if you are sitting on a barstool next to your buddies. I know nothing about your car other than what you have shared on this forum.

quikbird

Reaction score
Well we do have to deal with those sadly slightly demented members who think blue or green are the colors when we all know that Bahamas yellow is much superior. :lol:

woodwiz

Reaction score
Thanks man! Funny how you get in these machines of the past and they make all kinds of funny noises,I don’t mind it just takes me back to 75 crusin central ave.on a Friday night,Grt.Falls Mt. Love that bench seat for the chicks!!

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Very nice looking Runner. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask so I have been told. Good luck with the car enjoy it. We all hit problem's with car's that we can't figure out and nice to have a sounding board to bounce things off of. :thumbsup2:

woodwiz

Reaction score
I guess through more close inspection I think I have discovered why they say “Don’t buy classic cars on the internet”. There was no way in hell I could get to the dealer where this 70 Roadrunner was for a hands on look &drive in December 2020. That said this was what appeared at the time to be the best one available in my price range. With some negotiating on the phone I felt comfortable at the price we arrived at. Love the car and know it’s not a show queen,it’s meant to be driven. Sorry for being so long winded about this, but looking in the trunk and checking things out,my guess is that this car indeed had a restoration 15yrs ago. The pictures may speak for themselves. The advertisement on this one indicated all original metal top to bottom. The pics to me indicate that it has new rear quarters,15yr old quarters I guess. Would you guys agree that it’s more important how well the work was done than whether the car does not have original metal?
I would think that any 50 yr old car would have some metal work at some point. I see a lot of you guys doing big time metal restoration on your birds that sure does’nt mean they any less the car for it. Here’s the pics...apologies on the pics!

5526B09E-CFC9-4D74-A9F2-89B815DD2B65.jpeg

EB77B5B7-4602-4514-92DC-90209B886214.jpeg

B68E86DA-B65B-4AE4-A1BA-8C812041E575.jpeg

Back