• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOUND 1968 A/C vent delete plate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden Ghetto

Reaction score
Hello, I’m helping my Dad sort out a few things on our 1968 Road Runner. Does anyone know where the best place to find that black center A/C vent delete plate/bezel below the radio? I’ll try to attach a picture of what I’m talking about. Please PM me some suggestions. I figure someone on here has some bits and pieces of a dash laying around. Thanks in advance.

6CE803E4-53EA-4DCC-A595-311A81150887.jpeg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That is where the heater control goes and Ac. Cables are hooked to it and think their is a switch that makes fans and other things work. Might look into classic industries. If you look in to the search box top right and type in heater control You might see a picture. I bought a after market Ac unit and it comes with new controls that fit in the area. Good luck might see one on Ebay but things are getting harder to find their. Keep fishing.

quikbird

Reaction score
There are no controls that go there or a plate. The dash pad covers that spot. You need a non ac dash pad. I fills that area in.

Golden Ghetto

Reaction score
This is for an original 1968 Road Runner HT. My parents are the original owners. The reason I want a new plate is because there’s an old non-functioning aftermarket gauge in there and the plate is cracked so I would like to put it back to original.

From what I’ve read in these forums, 1968’s came this way. In 1969, they used the same lower dash as 1968 if they had A/C. Non-A/C 1969 RRs came with a different lower dash pad.

Also this plate is not unique to Road Runners. It should be in some other 1968 B-Bodies as well.

If anyone finds one in their pile of extra dash parts please let me know. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back