• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1991 Corvette.... er Bricklin.... Whatever...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Yea, I know... This is a Mopar site. I get to bend the rules.... cause I can.

1991 Corvette. 67K miles, L98 auto. I had the trans rebuilt a couple year ago. FX-3 Suspension, power drivers seat, Alpine deck with Boston Acoustics speakers (I have all the stock Bose radio etc) Red with red interior. Two tops with storage bag, translucent top is just about perfect. Flannel lined California Car Cover. Service manuals and whatever else I got kicking around.

Usual wear on the driver's seat bolster and drivers carpet treshold. Decent Yokahama tires, Hawk brake pads. It could stand to have the rubber top and door seals replaced. A few paint chips here and there, but the paint is otherwise pretty good.

This is a really reliable, solid, clean, almost bone stock Corvette that I would drive anywhere tomorrow.

scan0010.jpg

I can take pictures of any part of the car if you're serious. Located in the Syracuse, NY area and for Sale locally for $9900, but I'll entertain any serious offer.

Big John

Reaction score
Car is sold.

Big John

Reaction score
Well... it may have just fallen through.

I've been working a deal to sell the car the past couple days. The guy said "OK as long as my mechanic says its good" This guy lives around the corner, is a retired school teacher and seemed OK. He calls this morning... "The car's good and I've got a certified check". So... OK, I go to every forum I have it listed on and report it to be sold. Great. He was coming by tonight to pay me.

He was supposed to bring the car back after he took it to his mechanic, but OK... it was sitting in his driveway, so that was fine with me. I get a call this afternoon... the Vette won't start.... and he's over at a liquor store. I go over and yep, the car won't start... He's been drinking too and driving my car (its still mine) around town... and he's a little pissed about the car.

I've owned that car for almost ten years and its never stranded me... I changed a alternator and had the trans rebuilt and that's it. 50K miles of driving and ten years and it never missed a beat.

I don't know if this guy is going to buy it and I don't know if I want to sell it to him now either.

I've already had three people tell me the car does not want to leave me.

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
I would be really pissed about him driving the car after he's been drinking!

(hope to see ya at Carlisle) I'm leaving tomorrow morning at 7am, should be there by 10.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
John. If you do sell it to this nut will he leave you alone in the future if something happens to the car, which it will :popcorn:

Jim S.

Reaction score
My opinion is that if he is drinking and driving (especially your car), he has a problem. Like Bob says, you might end up being "married" to it since he lives just around the corner. Not my business though, just thinking out loud....

Big John

Reaction score
This guy is definitely not a "car guy" let alone a Corvette guy. Gold chains aside, these cars are a little cranky at times. They rattle and squeak, don't ride that well, but they are fun to drive. I think this guy wants a Corvette, but when I was talking to him about the extra top, he didn't even seem to care one way or the other. No enthusiasm... nothing.

I'm going to think about it this weekend.

Big John

Reaction score
Yep, I decided not to sell to this guy.

My gut tells me it will not end well and its obvious the car doesn't like him either.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I didn't know Vetts came with DUI lockout systems standard :jester: Hope it sells soon :yesnod:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
took the car to work yesterday. a lady in the office asked me if that was my road runner. yeah, that's the one the fire bought. she told me that her and her husband had a '66 GTO convertible when they first got married. then the babies came, and we traded it for a (she paused) let me guess...a Chevette...a Vega (friend at work showed me pics of an orange '69 runner he had, his cousin told me he was quite the terror with it, but he traded it for a Chevette when he got married. The lady ast work said, no, we got a VW Bug. Then three weeks later the kid that got it wrapped it around a pole. I thought my husband was gonna cry.... but if this moron was drinking while driving someone elses car...that wasn't gonna end good..

Big John

Reaction score
With the input of my wonderful wife, we have decided to keep the car.

Many thanks to those people on this and other forums that supported my decision not to sell the car to that buyer.

We have too many great memories with this car, and we took this incident as a sign that its not time to let it go.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
John it was great seeing you yesterday, and I think that's the right decision. And I never thought to ask you about it yesterday. When I was selling my '65 Satellite I had a guy who didn't really seem to understand the things I was telling him about the car. He said something about calling me if there was a problem, and then after he agreed to buy the car, but only after waiting another week so his retired mechanic friend, who only work once a week, could look at it I told him I was keeping the car. I could tell he didn't know what he was getting into and he couldn't understand that. I did finally sell it to someone who did know what the was getting into. You never know, the right person could still be out there or that car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back