• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

383 Block

mcmopar

Reaction score
That's the 26" 3 core heavy duty unit. Definitely a keeper.
I had a local shop re-core mine for me with a 4 row core.

Collin

Reaction score
Excellent....thanks for the info! :cheers:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Collin said:
Actually, just looked outside at it and the last numbers ARE 054. What does this mean for me? Obviously it means something to you seeing as it was a A12 option, now whats this difference between small font and large font??

Oh, now THAT'S too funny... I'm just clowning around and you really do have an "054" radiator... :lol:

That's the max cooling package radiator - standard issue on A/C big block cars, Hemis (from what I've read - Bob, jump in here...) and A12s. There has been much ado about nothing made over the large fonts and small fonts on the A12s (I don't know about the Hemis...seems like I read they're usually large font)... It used to be that the conventional thinking was small fonts only on an A12. That seems to have changed over the years as cars have been found with both. My car came with a large font "054". I was told that it is original. Can I prove that it is? NOPE. They're not stamped like engine blocks, tranny cases, and diff housings... I just read a thread about "054" radiators recently that pegged the value of a GOOD REBUILDABLE core at $400 - $600 in todays market. Send John a thank-you note for not letting you throw $500 into the trash pile... :yesnod:

So, like I said, send it down to ACME Radiator Salvage and I'll take care of it for you... :D

:jester:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Collin said:
Actually, just looked outside at it and the last numbers ARE 054. What does this mean for me? Obviously it means something to you seeing as it was a A12 option, now whats this difference between small font and large font??

Oh, now THAT'S too funny... I'm just clowning around and you really do have an "054" radiator... :lol:

That's the max cooling package radiator - standard issue on A/C big block cars, Hemis (from what I've read - Bob, jump in here...) and A12s. There has been much ado about nothing made over the large fonts and small fonts on the A12s (I don't know about the Hemis...seems like I read they're usually large font)... It used to be that the conventional thinking was small fonts only on an A12. That seems to have changed over the years as cars have been found with both. My car came with a large font "054". I was told that it is original. Can I prove that it is? NOPE. They're not stamped like engine blocks, tranny cases, and diff housings... I just read a thread about "054" radiators recently that pegged the value of a GOOD REBUILDABLE core at $400 - $600 in todays market. Send John a thank-you note for not letting you throw $500 into the trash pile... :yesnod:

So, like I said, send it down to ACME Radiator Salvage and I'll take care of it for you... :D

Ray, I don't know any more about the font size than you, all I know is mine is large :lmao:

moparstuart

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
ACME A12 said:
Collin said:

Ray, I don't know any more about the font size than you, all I know is mine is large :lmao:
thats what they all say :jester: :jester: :jester:

Collin

Reaction score
Heres a HUGE THANK YOU for not letting me throw $500 in the trash pile!! :cheers: :cheers: Beers for everyone lol

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Collin said:
Heres a HUGE THANK YOU for not letting me throw $500 in the trash pile!! :cheers: :cheers: Beers for everyone lol

Oooooh, Beers for everyone... :D

I suppose that there is travel involved to collect however... :toetap:

:lmao:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Collin said:

Oooooh, Beers for everyone... :D

I suppose that there is travel involved to collect however... :toetap:

:lmao:
Tell you what Ray. Even though I wasn't able to contribute an answer here, since I'm only about 40 miles away from Collin, I'll go collect for you and everyone else! :devil:

Collin

Reaction score
FedEx wont ship beers? How about UPS??

Miller lite, smithwicks you let me know!! And I am sure you guys really dont wanna take a drive up to COLD CT! Maybe Ill have to deliver in person to those of you in Florida and Arizona where it is a lot warmer!

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Collin said:
FedEx wont ship beers? How about UPS??

Miller lite, smithwicks you let me know!! And I am sure you guys really dont wanna take a drive up to COLD CT! Maybe Ill have to deliver in person to those of you in Florida and Arizona where it is a lot warmer!

Head on down...we'll pound some Coronas by the pool... Gary was going to come down this winter but he's busy auditioning for "Survivor Bambi-Land" so you can have his room...

mcmopar

Reaction score
I'll pass on the beer (unless of course its an ice cold IBC) but if you do find your way down here some time we'll go on over to Tarpon Springs and get some of that fine Greek food they have over there! :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
I'll pass on the beer (unless of course its an ice cold IBC) but if you do find your way down here some time we'll go on over to Tarpon Springs and get some of that fine Greek food they have over there! :thumbsup:

Sponge Docks Baby! Now you're talking... Man, now I'm craving a gyro and a Greek salad and it's only a quater till eight in the morning... :lol:

We often take our friends from out of town there...can't beat it... We usually go to Santorini and sit on the deck... They have Stella on tap there... :yesnod:

mcmopar

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
mcmopar said:

Sponge Docks Baby! Now you're talking... Man, now I'm craving a gyro and a Greek salad and it's only a quater till eight in the morning... :lol:

We often take our friends from out of town there...can't beat it... We usually go to Santorini and sit on the deck... They have Stella on tap there... :yesnod:

Oh Yeah! Its been a looooonnng time since I've been over there. We have a little place up north of us a bit called The Mediterranean Deli that serves killer gyros and Greek salad along with a number of other things. Still, you can't beat the food at the Greek Settlement there in Tarpon Springs.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
man does every thread rays in have to turn to food ? :acme: :acme: :jester:

Pretty much... And don't forget the beer... :lol:

Collin

Reaction score
re took a look at the pistons in the block. They read 2309 P 030. Anyone have any idea what kind of compression this gives me? Or what these are?

Hoosier Bird

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Head on down...we'll pound some Coronas by the pool... Gary was going to come down this winter but he's busy auditioning for "Survivor Bambi-Land" so you can have his room...

He will be sleeping on the floor............ :toetap: :toetap: :toetap: :toetap:

droptop

Reaction score
Collin said:
re took a look at the pistons in the block. They read 2309 P 030. Anyone have any idea what kind of compression this gives me? Or what these are?

How dare you hijack this food thread to talk about your 383. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
I would say the 030 is a thirty thou over bore. Does it look like the engine has been worked on before?

Back